Sign in to follow this  
Rozo

Parachutes & Mobile Respawn & Questions

Hello all, been searching around for the following qeustions but cant seem to find them, Hoping you guys can help me out here.

Anyway, I have three qeustions regarding parachutes:

1. How to make a certain unit start in a parachute at like, 100m? ( I know there is a unit called: Parachute, But i want pilots, medics, MG's and sort attached to a parachute )

2. How do i make AI paradrop out of a C130 plane once they are over their dropzone? ( Seen it in one of Xavion's video's looks awesome! )

3. Were is this "parachute module" and how can i use it? ( Cant seem to find it in the mission editor )

And another issue with mobile respawn:

Basicly what i want is a vehcile ( Ambulance humvee ) as a mobile respawn point to respawn around the vehcile, not in it.

I did the following:

-Made a marker called: respawn_west.

-Named the respawn vehcile rorespawn

-Made a trigger with the following info:

Trigger:

Repeately

Countdown - 5 sec

On Act: "respawn_west" setMarkerPos [(getpos rorespawn select 0),(getpos rorespawn select 1),0]

Trigger axis and angle is set to 0-0-0

The problem i have now is that the marker is moving alone with the ambulance (respawn vehcile ).

But once you die and respawn, You respawn in the far bottem left corner of the map which is in the sea, Does anyone knows what i did wrong?

Thanks alot,

Rozo.

First, please don't use generic thread titles like "Various Questions". Please be more specific when naming your threads.

1. How to make a certain unit start in a parachute at like, 100m? ( I know there is a unit called: Parachute, But i want pilots, medics, MG's and sort attached to a parachute )

Place an empty parachute. Set special to "FLYING", and name it 'chute1'. Place your guy, and in his init field type 'this moveInDriver chute1'.

2. How do i make AI paradrop out of a C130 plane once they are over their dropzone? ( Seen it in one of Xavion's video's looks awesome! )

Try searching harder, there are already several threads discussing this.

3. Were is this "parachute module" and how can i use it? ( Cant seem to find it in the mission editor )

There is none, I don't know what you're talking about.

Place an empty parachute. Set special to "FLYING", and name it 'chute1'. Place your guy, and in his init field type 'this moveInDriver chute1'.

i must be doing something wrong because I'm trying to do this parachute thing and when i load in im on the ground and the chute is falling. Anyone know if this is the right way?

EDIT : I was trying to use steerable parachute, it works with regular parachute.

Thanks alot for the fast reaction,

First off i'd like to apologize for the name, will do it right in the future aswell for the harder searching, i carefully re-read the forums and found some intresting posts ( apperently i was just reading too fast.

Anyway, My parachute qeustions are all answered now, except for the parachute module, I heard some talk that you can decide when to open your own parachute ( just as in training ) whit a module instead of your chute opening as soon as you leave the aircraft.

For as the mobile respawn qeustion i think i found a script to do this, I will try out the solutions and if it works ill post the links below.

Nope, mobile respawn doesnt work,

What i do find odd though, once i wait out the respawn time i first spawn at the right place ( at the ambulance )

Then 2 sec later i spawn at the bottem left corner of the map, So the respawn place does work, but once your alive you just get "teleported" to the bottem left which is the sea.

I use this script for it:

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

for [{_i=0}, {_i<10000}, {_i=_i+1}] do

{

"respawn_west" setMarkerPos [(getpos rorespawn select 0),(getpos rorespawn select 1),0];

sleep 5;

};

Were respawn_west is the marker which moves along with the ambulance and rorespawn is name of the ambulance

Any ideas?

while(isServer)then{
"respawn_west" setMarkerPos (getPos rorespawn);
sleep 0.3;
};

Try it.

Anyway, My parachute qeustions are all answered now, except for the parachute module, I heard some talk that you can decide when to open your own parachute ( just as in training ) whit a module instead of your chute opening as soon as you leave the aircraft.

What you are thinking of is the HALO script.... search the forum for HALO. it is a part of the game so it is wery easy to use.

I decided to scratch this mission, Everthing works except for the mobile respawn. Been working over a week now to get it working, but nothing seems to work.

Anyway, Thanks for your help on this one.

First, please don't use generic thread titles like "Various Questions". Please be more specific when naming your threads.

Try searching harder, there are already several threads discussing this.

There is none, I don't know what you're talking about.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THE ABOVE WITH AN AMMO BOX

I tried "this moveinCargo chute1" and the above, the ammocrate starts on the ground both times. You can attach a Ammo crate to a parachute with script but it disappears along with the chute on landing.

_chute = _this select 0;
_crate = _this select 1;
_rPos = _this select 2;

_crate attachTo [_chute,_rPos];

waitUntil{
_vel = velocity _chute;
_velZ = _vel select 2;
_pos = _chute modelToWorld [0,0,0];
_dir = getDir _chute;
_height = _pos select 2;
(_velZ < 1 && _height < 1)
};

detach _crate;
_crate setPos [_pos select 0,_pos select 1,0];
_crate setDir _dir;

Call it with the chute as your first argument, the crate as your second, and the offset (of the crate from the center pos of the chute) as the third.