Sign in to follow this  
LJF

ArmA / Carrier Command?

Sorry if this thread already exists, I searched but couldn't find one, or any information about my question.

Does anyone know if BI will continue working along the OFP, ArmA, ArmA2 route or will this series die? I've only heard speculation but I think it would be sad for them to develop CC:GM or any other game instead of the above series. ArmA is the only one in this area, in fact, it's about the only thing keeping me playing games, there's simply nothing like it and it would be a sad day for gaming if it were to die.

Once again, sorry if I've created a duplicate thread.

I believe it was Maruk who said that while they would like to try something new, it is very likely that BIS will continue to make realistic military themed games (like OFP/ArmA) for some time.

I saw trailer to some Game from space on youtube but i dont know its name and i wasnt able to find it again...

I understood that they were going to go on to CarrierCommand and leave milsim for a while at least.

It may be that other companies (like with Codies) try to cash-in on the milsim genre.

Hopefully BI will come back to do the next gen milsim after they finish CarrierCommand

When ArmA2 hits its stride (after another patch or two) and the mod tools are released, it should be good for another four or five years. Plenty time for BIS to do Carrier Command and start work on ArmA3 :cool:

I dunno, I wouldn't blame Bis if they wanted to try their luck with something new :)

I mean they've been in the vehicle fps game/ mil sim genre for some time now.

Besides taking a break and doing something else for a while can get your creative flows back when you decide to come back to a projekt :)

Hmm, I suppose so, hopefully we'll see ArmA3 in a few years time :D It's a successful product isn't it? I mean, it's (ArmA2) sold really well so far?

That's a bummer that they won't be making Milsim games after this...This was the only really well done MilSim game ever, which is what I love, if they stop making Milsim...Some failed company like CodeMasters will try to make one, Pump out 2 patches, and some DLC and forget about the game, or not even pump out patches (like Infinity Ward) and just say, have fun with a bugged up game.

This is what I loved about them Making MilSIm, they are the only good company at doing so...But now my dreams of more MilSim are crushed :(

EDIT: Just looked at Carrier Command Gaea Mission, tbh that game looks pretty cool, but still...MilSim beats that out anyday :D

Edited by todayskiller

That's a bummer that they won't be making Milsim games after this...This was the only really well done MilSim game ever, which is what I love, if they stop making Milsim...Some failed company like CodeMasters will try to make one, Pump out 2 patches, and some DLC and forget about the game, or not even pump out patches (like Infinity Ward) and just say, have fun with a bugged up game.

This is what I loved about them Making MilSIm, they are the only good company at doing so...But now my dreams of more MilSim are crushed :(

EDIT: Just looked at Carrier Command Gaea Mission, tbh that game looks pretty cool, but still...MilSim beats that out anyday :D

You should read once again what Maruk stated.

We just got OA, a new DLC to come. ArmA II and OA are still fresh and you' ll see that daily new things will be released by the community. New addons new missions new campaigns. Hell . . . you'll have enough material to enjoy and have fun for the next years to come. If you were to test all the new releases you would cease RL. It's impossible to keep up with all the stuff which is created for the ArmAverse.

Our Island makers are doing a fantastic work, mostly top notch this will lead to more variety in missions/ campaigns for the future to come.

You will never get annoyed. Believe me. Not to mention all the great mods which has been released for ArmA II and there are still a lot of moding teams in WIP. Vietnam Mods, WWII mods, you name it.

You should learn to see the bright side of the things my friend.:D

kind regards

i want to see arma 2 evolve and mature in the same fashion that OFP did. i dont want to see arma 3 for years to come honestly

arma 1 never really got a chance to mature

I doubt they'd give arma up - they have the milsim niche covered pretty well. I can't think of any other game that is like arma in scale or realism.

i see no point to ressurect year old thread about obsolete topic

for Carrier Command there is standalone section of forum

there is DLC and update coming for A2:OA etc.