Back To Sahrani (Campaign)
Download the "Back To Sahrani" campaign.
Required Addons: ACE and 1st Infantry Division ACU
This campaign is a WIP, and this is the demo. The demo consists of the first 3 missions of the campaign. I would like for everyone to give it a try and tell me what you think.
In "Back To Sahrani", its March of 2009, and Russia invades Sahrani. Their objective is to establish
a base of operations in the Atlantic ocean. The United States believes this is part of an effort to
launch missle attacks on America and her allies. The force to take back Sahrani sits 100 KM away,
waiting to launch the assault force.
This campaign was designed to achieve a nice mix between realism and fun, the very same philosephy
ACE was created by. Each mission will have a detailed briefing and the note section will be a continuing
diary written by the soldier the player plays as if played in single player, to give you an idea of
what would be going through a persons head in this conflict. The missions will be building upon themselves,
so you will take a town in one mission, and it will be reflected in the next.
During the campaign, you and up to 5 of your friends (Single Player and/or 6 player coop) play as a
US Infantryman during the re-invasion of Sahrani. You will play a variaty of missions from air insertion
ground assault, to base defense, to counter-insurgency. You will find yourself doing a late afternoon
patrol one day and assaulting an air field the next. This campaign will also have a couple sister
campaigns if this first one is successfull. The sister campaigns will have you taking the role of
the SF teams that complete objectives in the main campaign, or playing as the resistance troops you
meet in the main campaign.
Download link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6453[COLOR="Silver"]
Last edited by Placebo; Jul 29 2009 at 23:32.
I updated the download link. The zip now contians PBOs instead of the root files.
Armaholic download link soon to come.
Do you have to have the 1st INF ACU addon? Is it included?
Yes, there is a link to it in the first post.
Armaholic download page link is now up.
Update. Sorry for double post but seeing as it has been over 2 days I think this warrants a new post. If I'm wrong sorry.
Alright, mission 4 is about done. Development has been slowed recently due to being needed to do a bunch of renovation work for my uncle, but we are back on track now.
I am thinking about adding in voice acting for the radio chatter, squad leader speeches, and general ambience.
Also, the first 3 missions have been updated, and I may release an updated demo, depending if people want it. Here is an impromptu changelog.
-- All 3 Missions --
* Fixed spelling and grammar errors in briefing
* Added a "who is speaking" line to top of the breifing to give you a better understanding of who is giving the briefing.
* Fixed miscellanious bugs and added more "polish" (see below)
-- Mission 1 (Taking Rahmadi) --
* Added some civilian life
* Made Rahmadi more like a Russian outpost, less like a campout
* Added the ability to have US air support after eliminated newly place AA positions
-- Mission 2 (Taking Cayo) --
* Added air support who helps you take tiberia, but wont go further inland due to possible enemy AA
* Made the US soldiers quicker to regroup after taking Tiberia
* The enemy AI doesnt cheaply kill an entire squad because no US AI checks a certain area anymore (BIS AI problem)
* Fixed a bug where the mission doesnt end (Forgot to add the end trigger)
-- Mission 3 (Defending Cayo) --
* Added more enemy AI and changed their skill from default group skill of near 0, to 50 each (like in mission 1 and 2)
* Replaced the 2 russian BRDMs with 4 T-72 tanks
* Replaced the humvees outside with static guns
* Added ground support from a friendly platoon
* Added air support which, upon arrival, ends the mission in success
* Added the possibility to lose if the enemy enters the camp
* Changed respawn from "group" to "base", so you have a chance against this newly challenging enemy
* Added medical supply box to the tent you spawn in
There is probably some fixes and changes I forgot, but trust me you will like these changes when you play the game.
Basically, I'm trying to make the campaign challenging, but definately winable. I'm trying to make it realistic in the fact that Russia is a competent enemy, and as such makes the campaign fun.
Any feedback is welcome, and if you want me to release this new version of the demo, and maybe the 4th mission with it, please either reply to this post or drop me a PM. I really apreciate the feedback I have gotten so far both on this thread and on rp-mods.com, and of course via PM. Keep it up. I'm glad to see such excitement for the campaign.
Please note, this is what I have changed in the first 3 missions, but these changes are not in the current demo available to download! So don't redownload the demo or expect these changes when downloading the demo right now. I may release an updated demo if people want it, and I'll include the 4th mission if thats requested too.