Sign in to follow this  
katua

How to use rifles with grenade launcher

I don´t understand the iron sights, what angles are needed to hold the weapon and what relation has with range , min-max-ideal ranges etc

Now for me it is a work of adjusting shoots based on impacts, no ideal at all.

lol always have that problem in games :D exept cod but thats not the same like Amerikas Army, ArmA, Ofp :p

Do what i would do;

HOPE!!!

Or alternativly, just go wild & do a Communist Attack(ask me if ya dunno what that is)

I am not sure either, sometimes I just have luck and hit the target by aiming and estimating its relative distance to my position and my relative high on the terrain towards the target. But the real technique surely needs some training I guess. There are white and red markers on the ironsight of the m4, those are probably measured in meters while the red marker tells you that the grenade will not go off at this distance because it will be too close to you.

What he said :p You make the battle look good, which is vitally important

I can´t believe no one is able to answer this. Someone has to know it.

I really wish BIS had done a proper M203 leaf sight system like AA3.

The new 320's? Not everyone has those yet.....Army still uses the good old 203's same with the US Marines of course, I believe only Special Forces at this current moment use the M320. But regardless.

I don´t understand the iron sights, what angles are needed to hold the weapon and what relation has with range , min-max-ideal ranges etc

Now for me it is a work of adjusting shoots based on impacts, no ideal at all.

The 203 iron sights are worthless, ass backward and look like crap. I don't know why they even bothered. Just practice and learn the angles.

The sights are zeroed at 150m but you can't adjust them...

Yeah it's pretty much a "guess where the center of your screen should be, guess elevation adjustment and fire" (unless you have crosshairs). Not even a point to clicking the "bring sights" button.

A little trick is to use your regular sights to aim at the target or a bit higher if it's at a bit of a distance, and THEN swap to M203 and fire. At short ranges you might actually hit something that way, while with using the M203 sights directly you'll most likely miss.

Just because AA has the M320 doesn't mean you can't use the same idea on the M203 sights.

The 203 iron sights are worthless, ass backward and look like crap. I don't know why they even bothered. Just practice and learn the angles.

The ironsight sucks, but the regular aim works fine.

I tested the other day and its quite easy to learn.

Regular aim (ie non-ironsight) starts at 25m (top) and ends at 125m (bottom). I can plant a grenade nearly spot on a soldier at any range between that. Note that you have to target while UNZOOMED or it f**k up the aim. Zoomed aim is not aligned with unzoomed aim. With some experience you can range and fire on targets pretty quickly.

Ironsight however starts at 100m and seems to have odd increments, not 25m like the other aim (think its 20). At that range the grenade launcher becomes too inaccurate anyway, so its not really usefull firing at targets 150m+ away. Chances are very high you wont hit them and its far better to simply shoot them.

If you're on a difficulty without regular aim... Bring a sniper rifle :p

Edited by Murklor

The ironsights for the M203 don't work that way. The longer ranges are farther up the scale and the shorter ranges are lower. You're supposed to line up the ladder rung with the front post to get your elevation which means moving the back of the weapon up and down. This is something we can't do without adjustable "sniper" sights.

I think that the m32 mgl would rock. It would be the answer to the prayers of the 'shoot then adjust' grenade launcher crowd (myself included) if only BIS had included it in the game, I mean, the Marine Corps does issue it now. :)

Well either that or HeinBloed re-releasing his awesome grenadier mod for Arma2. That shizzle was awesome, actually countered the way in which the inaccuracy makes grenadiers weak, and meant you could have decent chance of laying on a 40mm hit. :yay:

Hi all

Practice, practice, practice.

I can put them through a window at 150m or just over a wall at 200m.

Correct your fire after each shot.

Tree bursts are great!

I can even fire them on audio targets.

In the old days of BIS's OFP I used to kill snipers on mini battlefield with indirect fire. Edges of buildings, trees and terrain make good elevation referenece points.

Like I said it is all down to practice.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I never use GL. I can't stand it! Same goes with hand grenades. I always throw them away and pack loads of ammo instead.

"How to use rifles with grenade launchers?" << They work the same as rifles without grenade launchers :D

I'm not very good with 40mm grenades either, but they ARE handy. They go further and faster than you can throw, they explode on impact giving no chance for evasion, and they take up pistol-mag type inventory slots instead of far more useful rifle-mag slots.

The ironsight sucks, but the regular aim works fine.

I tested the other day and its quite easy to learn.

Regular aim (ie non-ironsight) starts at 25m (top) and ends at 125m (bottom). I can plant a grenade nearly spot on a soldier at any range between that. Note that you have to target while UNZOOMED or it f**k up the aim. Zoomed aim is not aligned with unzoomed aim. With some experience you can range and fire on targets pretty quickly.

Ironsight however starts at 100m and seems to have odd increments, not 25m like the other aim (think its 20). At that range the grenade launcher becomes too inaccurate anyway, so its not really usefull firing at targets 150m+ away. Chances are very high you wont hit them and its far better to simply shoot them.

If you're on a difficulty without regular aim... Bring a sniper rifle :p

The man above is absolutely correct. I had massive difficulty in using this weapon, despite having mastered it to good effect on Op Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis.

I then tried the technique as quoted above, and it has proven to be an accurate guide to using the M203 and GP-25.

Great work Murklor.

Only hope BIS can make grenade launcher zeroing adjustable.

With ACE you can at least enable a Option that shows how far the grenade will fly. You can be pretty accurate with that help

With ACE you can at least enable a Option that shows how far the grenade will fly. You can be pretty accurate with that help

This sort of comments are getting really boring...The guy is asking about vanilla game, not about modifications of it.

That goes for all that other threads that get a similar reply, from yourself and people such as yourself.

NOTE: i got nothing against ACE, especially since i was part of it. But then again, it has nothing with the mod/addon your are posting about, especially when the question is not related to any of those

Hi all

Practice in the editor.

I can place a grenade through a window at up to 200m in 1 to 2 shots.

Kind Regards walker