Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARMA 2 Ammo Types?

Question ARMA 2 Ammo Types?

First off let me just say I'm LOVING this game. I realize it still needs a couple of more patches but the scope is impressive & the mechanics are well thought out.

Question: Is their an ARMA 2 Wiki & if so does it explain each type of ammo in the game & its uses?

For guns that use multiple types of rounds, you can wiki the gun/ammo to see what it does exactly, if that's what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by techie714 View Post
    First off let me just say I'm LOVING this game. I realize it still needs a couple of more patches but the scope is impressive & the mechanics are well thought out.

Question: Is their an ARMA 2 Wiki & if so does it explain each type of ammo in the game & its uses?
    http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page

But i dont know if the info you are asking for is on it.

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    How about just a list maybe then of all the weapon/ammo types?

Here is what you're searching for...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.C.Plage View Post
    Here is what you're searching for...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241
    You ROCK!! TY!

And if you want you can add this to the units init line
    Code:
    this addEventHandler ["FIRED",{hint format["Weapon: %1\nMuzzle: %2\nMode: %3\nAmmo: %4",_this select 1,_this select 2,_this select 3,_this select 4]}]
    Do mind that this doesn't work too well on tanks and etc because they fire too fast at times.

If you're having troubles with that and are abit familiar with scripting, PM me and I'll send you an example.
    Last edited by Taurus; Jul 20 2009 at 00:10. Reason: spelling...

err...Taurus...wrong post?

Most guns come with their respective ammo. Some though, mainly the western guns, all use the same ammo and magazine well. Thus, you can use magazines from the G36 or the STANAG magazines in the G36, M4, M16, M8, or any other standard western AR. That even means putting an MG36 magazine on an M4 or SPR. Too bad it doesn't make it look like there's a beta mag on there.

The other difference is Suppressed rounds. These are denoted with "SD" at the end of the magazine name (STANAG SD, AK SD). The difference being that SD rounds are usually subsonic compared to supersonic standard rounds. You can fire SD rounds through a standard gun that normally uses standard ammo, or normal rounds through a suppressed weapon. But because they move slower, SD rounds have a shorter effective range. Expect to be limited to about 50 meters less than you are used to, and expect to use more rounds to kill someone. Finally, using standard rounds (STANAG vs STANAG SD) in a suppressed weapon means that, despite the suppressor, your shots are going to be about as loud (though not as loud) as a standard rifle. Standard rule of thumb is to use whatever type of magazine your gun comes with, until you have no choice but to switch or run out of ammo.

G36 = STANAG (someone have some hard details to the differences between the two?
    G36 SD = STANAG SD

All of them fit into the western rifles. Also note that you can switch magazines through the action menu, allowing you to take different magazines if you so wish.

PS: Forgot to mention, that the STANAG is the standard 5.56mm x 45 used by the US military in the M16, M4, or AR-15.

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by AJsarge View Post
    err...Taurus...wrong post?

Most guns come with their respective ammo. Some though, mainly the western guns, all use the same ammo and magazine well. Thus, you can use magazines from the G36 or the STANAG magazines in the G36, M4, M16, M8, or any other standard western AR. That even means putting an MG36 magazine on an M4 or SPR. Too bad it doesn't make it look like there's a beta mag on there.

The other difference is Suppressed rounds. These are denoted with "SD" at the end of the magazine name (STANAG SD, AK SD). The difference being that SD rounds are usually subsonic compared to supersonic standard rounds. You can fire SD rounds through a standard gun that normally uses standard ammo, or normal rounds through a suppressed weapon. But because they move slower, SD rounds have a shorter effective range. Expect to be limited to about 50 meters less than you are used to, and expect to use more rounds to kill someone. Finally, using standard rounds (STANAG vs STANAG SD) in a suppressed weapon means that, despite the suppressor, your shots are going to be about as loud (though not as loud) as a standard rifle. Standard rule of thumb is to use whatever type of magazine your gun comes with, until you have no choice but to switch or run out of ammo.

G36 = STANAG (someone have some hard details to the differences between the two?
    G36 SD = STANAG SD

All of them fit into the western rifles. Also note that you can switch magazines through the action menu, allowing you to take different magazines if you so wish.

PS: Forgot to mention, that the STANAG is the standard 5.56mm x 45 used by the US military in the M16, M4, or AR-15.

At least in the demo, you cannot use regular STANAG mags in the suppressed M4A1.
    Last edited by akd42; Jul 20 2009 at 03:04.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast