Sign in to follow this  
Teh Pastor

synchronize thingy help?

Hello all!

I have some minor problems with the editing of a mission. I am currently working on a stealth or all out assault mission where the objective is to destroy a radar installation site. What I have done so far i just the basics in the camp layout.

Now for the hard part, I have a T-90 and an empty APC close to the installation. What I want to happen is that when all hell break loose, or if the BluFor forces are detected the alarm will sound, the crewmen for the T-90 and APC will bord the vehicles and and do a search and destroy routine. Infantry will run to fixed gun installations, use the searchlights and so on.

I tried to play around with the synchronize thingy, but I couldn't get it to work. Any help would be perfect.

How about this:

Set a trigger (however big you like) where Blufor is detected by Opfor.

Then have a couple of empty tanks and a couple of 3 man groups (or however many crew you need.) Give the crew a move waypoint very close to their starting position, followed by a get in waypoint on top of the tank they will jump into, followed by a search and destroy waypoint or two around the camp.

Synch the trigger to the first move waypoint and then, under effects in the trigger, scroll down (past the blanks) to alarm.

If you do that the enemy crew should stand still until you are detected. At that point an alarm will sound and they will jump in the vehicles and come after you.

If you set the trigger to repeatable, the alarm should go off once they are dead (as they can no longer detect you) but i'm not sure.

If the "get in" doesn't work, you could either play around with the movein commands (moveindriver, moveingunner etc) or you could place a "full" tank, give it a get out waypoint, followed by a move and then complete the rest as above, synching the trigger to the move after the get out.

I'm a complete noob myself, but I think that should work. I suspect that manning static defenses is more complex (although there is a function for it, something like BIS_fnc_defend. Run a search for that on these forums and see what comes up.)

Dave

Cheers mate! Thanks for the reply. I have tried the get in sync, but not routine moveindriver, moveingunner etc. I will give it a go and then see what happens.

If you don't fancy using the BIS_fnc_taskDefend function, you could use moveingunner with named empty static defenses aswell.

Dave

Synch the trigger to the first move waypoint and then, under effects in the trigger, scroll down (past the blanks) to alarm.

Cannot find a way to kill the alarm after x amount of time?

Is the trigger set to repeatable and detected by? I think that should work, but can't check at the moment.

Dave

Enter trigger zone, alarm plays. Would be good to kill it after 30 seconds or so.

How about naming the trigger something and then, at the point it plays the alarm it also execs a script which just says:

Sleep 30 (or however lon you want);

Triggername setTriggerActivation ["NONE", "EAST D", true];

That should change the activation condition of the trigger so it no longer fires, ending the alarm sound. I played around with deleting the trigger, but the sound effect seemed to remain afterwards for some reason.

Dave

Trigger named: Trigger_Alarm

On act: [this] exec "Trigger_Alarm.sqf"

Trigger_Alarm.sqf reads:

Sleep 10;

Trigger_Alarm setTriggerActivation ["NONE", "EAST D", true];

Not working here I am afraid.