I am relatively new to ARMA 2 (was playing OFP a lot online, but skipped ARMA 1), and one thing that really starting to bore me is that online gameplay is typically following the same tired pattern:
1) Taget gets announced (in coop, in hold we skip this step)
2) Everyone rushes for attack helis and aircraft
3) Target gets bombed to rubble
4) When infantry finally arrives, most enemy armor and infantry is already destroyed
5) Infantry does some sweeping and kills a few leftover enemies (plus, very often, gets bombed by trigger happy AC)
6) New target gets announced, rinse and repeat
As a consequence, any armor other than the MHQ is typically not used at all, because its too slow to arrive at the battle scene. Tactics for every town are the same. Plus, infantry combat is reduced to shoot infantry, and the difficulty of completing a mission is largely reduced (c'mon, how difficult is it to bomb a town to rubble ?). Plus, the game's complex features are not used, and gameplay is shallow.
Hence my question: Why is noone restricting their servers to limit the ACs available or get rid of them totally? Is it only me who gets bored by the gameplay above? Is i t possible to configure a server to use popular missions but restrict available AC ?