Sign in to follow this  
Indecisi0n

Arma 2 controls

Is there a txt file of all the infantry commands ? I wanted something i could print out to make binding/getting use to commands easier. Thanks

PS i googled a lot with no luck.

I expect you do not have a printed handbook? I am not sure, but I think BIS was planning to release a digital manual.

I expect you do not have a printed handbook? I am not sure, but I think BIS was planning to release a digital manual.

Nope, stores around me don't carry the game so i had to download/purchase it.

Is it just me or are the ArmA2 controls worse than ArmA1's? Here's a few things that infuriate me.

* Primary mouse button - I like to reserve this for shooting only, under no circumstances should this do anything else, for interacting with the world you use "enter". Just the other night I was killed in a PvP match, I went to fire but as I did so I walked near a dead player, of course when I pressed "fire" my character kneeled down and took a 556 to the head.

* [mentioned earlier] There needs to be uniformity between vehicle "scopes", right click should do them all.

* Evasive animations where your player sidesteps [really slowly] are hideously annoying, once again, killed in PvP because my character was walking sideways like a prat, I couldn't shoot or stop him - 556 to the face.

Just on a side note, perhaps a radial menu system? I know I'm going to get called a CoD noob for this but hear me out, yes, this has be used primarily in arcade games and now in "that other game" that nobody likes, but they're useful and could free up some keys. Just a thought.

I'd just like more control over my character, in the real world you know exactly what you're doing, of course, in a game it's hard to simulate this, but making key buttons do a specific task is a step in the right direction if you ask me.

Is it just me or are the ArmA2 controls worse than ArmA1's? Here's a few things that infuriate me.

* Primary mouse button - I like to reserve this for shooting only, under no circumstances should this do anything else, for interacting with the world you use "enter". Just the other night I was killed in a PvP match, I went to fire but as I did so I walked near a dead player, of course when I pressed "fire" my character kneeled down and took a 556 to the head.

Actually that same problem just killed me too few minutes earlier. Situation: I was suppose to shoot down enemy airplane with ZU-23, but instead of actually shooting down the damn thing, my character decided that it would potentially be more fun to just sit in the back seat and watch how the enemy airplane strafed my positions and killed me.

Yyyyyep, Hope it's fixed. I just don't really see the point, we already have two keys for that, middle mouse button and enter. BI, we're not that lazy! The middle mouse button is right there, you only need to move your finger 1" over, and generally, firing is more urgent than the action menu, though ...

You'd be excused for thinking otherwise, I mean, we now have 2 dedicated buttons for using the action menu, yet we have only one button for firing, and that button has to share with the action menu as well!

Will on the subject of the controls :

While playing the game, how can you add markers to the map ?

I've seen some games where people would mark the map with a series of dot to map a flight path !

So far, I know that :

1. Shift click - Creates a waypoint
  2. Double click - Creates a simple marker

* Why is that NOT in the official manual... Or why doesnt the manual have a link to dslyecxi page..... *

Marking the Map

We use the in-game map for planning and coordination purposes. One of our main methods of conveying information to other players is via using 'map marks' to indicate points of interest, waypoints, objectives, landing zones, enemy positions, and more.

Below are some guidelines for making the most of the map. Heed these and things will go more smoothly for everyone.

How to Mark the Map

* To place a mark on the map, double-click. You can enter text by typing, and then ENTER will finalize the mark.

* To change the icon of a map marker, press up/down arrow until you get to the marker you want to use. This (and coloring the marker) only works until you place it with ENTER.

* To change the color of a map marker, hold Left Shift and press up/down arrow to cycle through the colors.

* To delete a mark, hover over it with the cursor and press DELETE.

Tips

* Map markers are visible to the chat channel you are 'tuned' to when placing them. Ensure that you place markers in SIDE, GROUP, or VEHICLE chat. Placing them in ALL chat will allow the enemy to see them, which is.. you know.. bad.

* All map marker text should be written as succinctly as possible using abbreviations and acronyms. For instance, "aa" is anti-aircraft, "inf" or "ei" is infantry. Alpha Squad becomes "A", waypoint becomes "wp", and so on and so forth.

* Try to use the logical symbols when adding map markers, as time and the situation permit. See the picture below for sample markups.

* Adding a time to the mark can be useful in some situations. When doing so, use the in-game time (as seen on your watch) so that players in different time zones are not confused by it.

Edited by The_Angry_Canadian
Found it.