Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

grapics card problem

hey i need som help before i buy arma2 witch i hope is in a couple of weeks i wanted to check out the demo so i could see if it can work on my computer. im running on one of the newer systems.

windows xp professional Version 2002 Service pack 2

Nvidia Ge force Fx 5200

Intel Pentium 4 Cpu 3.00GHz 3.00Ghz, 2.00Gb of ram

thats just so you guys know what im working with now to the problem every time i get this error

"Error: Shader Modlel 2 dosen't support any more" [on the task bar it says Arma 2 demo]

according to the requirements the game shold work so is it my grapics card or is it some thing else? please help i don't want to waste money on it if it dosn't work.

That system wont come anywhere close to running arma2. You need a shader model 3 card to run it, and even with one with that cpu etc, it would be running as a 1 fps slideshow and look like wolfenstein 3d. Honestly I should have read these forums ebfore buying arma2 because I probably would have wait at least another 3-6 months for them to iron out any bugs. But at this point i'm skeptical if they will ever fix even 25% of the major bugs that make the game unplayable. You will need a new system to be able to run arma2. Personally I'm hoping OPF2 works a lot better than arma2. I wouldn't even try to play the game without a 8800GTS 512 or higher.

Edited by eightball024

hey i need som help before i buy arma2 witch i hope is in a couple of weeks i wanted to check out the demo so i could see if it can work on my computer. im running on one of the newer systems.

windows xp professional Version 2002 Service pack 2

Nvidia Ge force Fx 5200

Intel Pentium 4 Cpu 3.00GHz 3.00Ghz, 2.00Gb of ram

thats just so you guys know what im working with now to the problem every time i get this error

"Error: Shader Modlel 2 dosen't support any more" [on the task bar it says Arma 2 demo]

according to the requirements the game shold work so is it my grapics card or is it some thing else? please help i don't want to waste money on it if it dosn't work.

Like eightball024 wrote, your graphic card does not support Shader 3.0 that the game need. And your CPU not being a Core2Duo doesn't help either. :(

Maybe with the next upgrade.

As for the comparative between ARMA II and DR, we'll see if that's possible or not. For now it seems two different kind of games; one more bias for the console genre and other for PC; one more the type of BF2 and other more OFP.

Yeah you haven't a hope running it with that unless you enjoy slideshows, I barely scrape by with a ok... performance with my crappy AMD dual core 2.4Ghz and 9800GT with 3GB 800Mhz RAM.

nope it wold work only to minamal stadards

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Like eightball024 wrote, your graphic card does not support Shader 3.0 that the game need. And your CPU not being a Core2Duo doesn't help either. :(

Maybe with the next upgrade.

As for the comparative between ARMA II and DR, we'll see if that's possible or not. For now it seems two different kind of games; one more bias for the console genre and other for PC; one more the type of BF2 and other more OFP.

see this stuff don't come cheap >.> fine me a cheap price on a new pc i'll buy it lol

i think you can run it fine with a dual core and a 9600gt/3870.the game is awesome,if they will fix the major bugs it will be the best game i ve ever played(and my first game was the DOS of the msx)