Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Vehicle Repair

Gents, i have seen the vehicle repair script on the forums but thats not quite what I am after.

What I would like is a script that gives an engineer the option to repair vehicles from the action menu.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Cheers

Dale

That's a good idea.

I remember I wanted that for Arma. Ended up doing a unit that had the property canrepair set. But then someone needed to be in the vehicle.

If nobody gets there first I'll try to look into it next week.

Thanks for the reply kylania but I aint that good at scripting tbh. If I have to extract parts from different scripts then I would be there all day!!

Could someone create a script that allowed only the engineer to go next to a vehicle and have the option of fixing it? Could something with setdamage = 0 work or am I barking up the wrong tree completely?

So instead of making my own post I take it no one ever did write a script that you could put into a unites init to give him the ability to repair vehicles and such?

<---- Cannot do scripting.

Very old post indeed ;) Since then our engineers has been to school.

If "Cannot do scripting" then "use engineer". Such scripts exists but it's not a simple command you put in a characters init. Besides they tend to be a bit too powerful. BIS engineers are less powerful, makes them a more attractive choice, and comes for free with the updated game.

Well i'm just looking for a script or some way to give units in ACE for example that ability to repair and such since sometimes they lack engineers and same goes for medics

I don't know ACE yet, but it's a realism based mod so maybe they removed the vanilla repair. Healing in ACE is also afaik not vanilla, but probably more advanced and realistic. Maybe try ask them in the ACE thread?