Sign in to follow this  
markh

Mission Editor - Casualty count at mission end

I am enjoying creating some basic missions in the mission editor.

The use of High Command module means that I can create some fairly large engagements, where I can easly loose track of my AI controlled fellow BLUE groups. My query relates to whether at the end of the mssion, I can see what the respective BLUE and RED casualty figures are (dead and injured). Is there any way in which this can be achieved?

There is probably a way with scripts where you can keep track of casualties through the entire game. Might want to head to the mission editor and scripting section and ask there.

I use that in many of my missions... to trigger different endings depending on how well you play. What I do is add a evenhandler to every unit that triggers a script when the unit is killed. The script will update a variable and then make it public. So every time a unit is killed the script goes it goes:

deathcount = deathcount + 1;

publicVariable "deathcount";

or something like that. Works fine. Then I fool around with a trigger to get the result in realtime by hints...

And as the Dawg said... You'd probably get more help if you post in the correct forum

He did post in the correct forum. I don't think he knew he would have to script it or anything. It could just be an option somewhere in the difficulty area. Although I guess since he was asking for his own missions maybe it was the wrong section. I took it as him trying to find an option on the option menu initially.