Sign in to follow this  
cobra5000

Arma2 Slow!

i have nvidia geforce 9800GT and the demo of Arma2 run slowly!

do you know how i speed up the demo and the full game?

i updated my graphic card below to the latest version

Edited by Cobra5000

What do you mean with slow?

In one mission i made in the demo, if i see multiple mi-8 for example, the game will slow down and in missions in the main island of ARMA2 make the game slow (not Utens).

But in the intro of the game and in mission editor tester, the game run normal

We heard that BIS is working to fix these slow downs.

It seems many people, even with high end hardware are having performance problems.

Lets wait with the fingers crossed so that the new patch addresses this issue. I'm sure if they can fix the performance, they will sell a lot more the game.

Hum, running a x2 6400, 2gb and 8800gtx 756 mb here and have everything on very high and normal AA. Getting on average 30 fps.

Even at 1024 x 768, with every setting to its lowest or disabled, the game is way too choppy to play. I am running a core 2 duo 2.4 ghz, 4 gigs of DDR2 800, and a GTX 260!!! WHAT THE HELLLSS YOUS KNOWS?! I also had a horrible time with GTA IV which really makes me wonder why I bought this card if there is simply no winning. Fail?

Both GTA 4 and Arma 2 utilize the CPU more than any other games. Both of these games struggle on slower processors, especially the older model Core 2's. While using the GTX 260 I think you'll find the bottleneck is at your CPU.

Cobra, what CPU are you using?

And what sort of scenarios are you setting up? (IE; how many units/AI?)

Even at 1024 x 768, with every setting to its lowest or disabled, the game is way too choppy to play. I am running a core 2 duo 2.4 ghz, 4 gigs of DDR2 800, and a GTX 260!!! WHAT THE HELLLSS YOUS KNOWS?! I also had a horrible time with GTA IV which really makes me wonder why I bought this card if there is simply no winning. Fail?

I'm running a 260 also (albeit it's OC'd pretty good) and can run GTA4 and Arma2 at acceptable FPS. The only slowdowns I really get is due to texture loading (especially in GTA4); but since defragging it has gone down a great deal. I think the 260 is an excellent card so don't get discouraged cause it will run most other games full tilt with few problems