Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CAT Afghanistan v1.2 ported by PMC

CAT Afghanistan v1.5 ported by PMC

CAT Afghanistan v1.2 port by PMC.

This is Afghanistan terrain and objects addon from Operation Flashpoint ported into Armed Assault. Its a advanced port, several modeling errors were fixed, textures merged and models optimized as well as config tweaked. No content have been added (except terrain has no ocean now, ie this is a terrain, not an island) or removed. There are no soldiers or vehicles in this addon.

Read online manual: here.

Visit PMC Tactical and PMC Tactical forums as well as PMC Editing Wiki which contains tutorials how to edit OFP, ArmA, ArmA 2 and Falcon 4.

Download CAT_Afghanistan_v1.2.rar - 135mb.
    Mirror 1: Armaholic.com.
    Mirror 2: Armedassault.info.
    All mirrors are very much appreciated, thank you.
    Last edited by Snake Man; Jul 19 2012 at 21:23.
    PMC Editing Wiki opened for ArmA 3 information, guides, tutorials, etc!

PMC Tactical - Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault and ArmA 2 addons / mods / missions.
    PMC Editing Wiki for tutorials.

OMG!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!! The last version ported had a tons of floating buildings and other issues. I hope this one doesn't have those same issues. It truly would bring an excellent opportunity for ARmA mission making. ArmA 1 is so different (with its own unique features) then ArmA II that I really do hope some people continue to develop ArmA as I like both of them really.

Chris G.
    aka-Miles Teg<GD>
    -Expect the Unexpected-

http://www.thelostbrothers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
    OMG!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!! The last version ported had a tons of floating buildings and other issues. I hope this one doesn't have those same issues. It truly would bring an excellent opportunity for ARmA mission making. ArmA 1 is so different (with its own unique features) then ArmA II that I really do hope some people continue to develop ArmA as I like both of them really.

Chris G.
    aka-Miles Teg<GD>
    snakeman, good work.. but you know I like it.

Miles, i have yet to play arma II but what makes ArmA 1 different then 2?
    My streaming Perhaps catch me working on some addons.
    http://www.anrop.se Swedish ArmA community.

Awesome stuff, gonna try this baby out this weekend with some random mission making fun

This was always a great map in OFP/VBS - it was 90% great in ArmA with the old version (floating bushes, etc) I can't wait to try this out - the perfect level of density/scenery and zero lag!

Thanks so much for not forgetting us ArmA1 players, Snake Man!

"Fire the bloody guns where we want them or you'll lose the lot of us"
    Major Harry Smith, Battle of Long Tan, 18 August, 1966.

Quote Originally Posted by granQ View Post
    snakeman, good work.. but you know I like it.

Miles, i have yet to play arma II but what makes ArmA 1 different then 2?
    ArmA II feels like a totally different game as the graphics just look much different the ArmA. Also the driving system I think was messed up in ArmA II (the mouse barely works now while driving) where as in ArmA I you can drive a car with a very natural feeling using the mouse.
    Also in ArmA II the camera shakes when you move around which simulates a movie more then it simulates how the human body actually stabilizes vision while running. So I find that camera shaking VERy annoying.
    Finally, the sound system is changed. I can no longer pinpoint the direction of gunfire or a vehicle using headphones, as they screwed that up in ArmA II. In ArmA I I relied heavily on sounds to locate the direction of gunfire.
    There are other things I can't remember now, but those are some of the reasons why I'm glad some people are still supporting ArmA I such as we see with this map.

It'll be nice to see some missions with my Taliban pack on this map. It'll make for some great MP gaming as well.

Chris G.
    aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Stones and other clutter are still floating in the air.
    Some building textures are wrong/ dont fit with the object.
    Buildings are not really useable like in OFP.
    Main road bug - it is glowing in the night!
    The arma.rpt is full of error messages.

So far this OFP-to-ArmA port (+buildings) still need some extra work and ArmA and AI tuning. Keep it up!

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Thanks for the bugs list, feedback is appreciated.

Good job Snakeman. Keep going
    JEESUS IS COMING LOOK BUSY

Thumbs up

Awesome stuff Snake Man/PMC. I loved the one from OFP and the first ofp-arma port. I'll give this a try later.

Stupid question as I probably already know the answer, but are you planning to port this to ArmA2 when possible?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast