Sign in to follow this  
Gugus

Auto-restart standaloneserver when hang-up

do a server.bat like this:

:start

start /W ofp_server.exe

goto start

and run it. It will run the server on an infinite loop, every time it crashes it goes to back to start and re runs it. Also, dont run the server in Win9x, instead use WinNT based OS (w2k,xp) and disable the "program has generated errors blaa blaa" dialog from dr watson to make that work correctly.

Please forgive the n00b ignorance but I have a new Win2K OFP Server and would like to run this. How do I make the call to run the *.bat file? (Do I just put a "-server.bat" tag in the Target Line of my OFP Server Launch Icon?) Thank you.

~DUX [sH]

Hi,

just start the server.bat with a doubleklick.

For easier handling make a link to it on your desktop.

This batch file is working nicely I havent tested it with when the server crashes and hangs but I heard that it doesnt work when this happens...

Is there any way to tell the batch file to restart the server if it is idle for say more than 10 minutes?

If we could somehow get it to do this it would be perfect...

thats not correct,

we used this batch file a long time on our windows server, and it crashed some times but the "/W"-option restarted the server every time.

Now we have a linux server and it works also fine but it isn´t started with a dos-like batch-file.

Our server is a windows server and it doesnt restart when the game crashes only if we #shutdown

We use this batch file:

start /W OFPR_Server.exe -config=sample.cfg

goto start

It has the /W in it but it wont restart the server if it crashes and hangs. Any suggestions?

do a server.bat like this:

start /W ofp_server.exe

goto start

and run it. It will run the server on an infinite loop, every time it crashes it goes to back to start and re runs it. Also, dont run the server in Win9x, instead use WinNT based OS (w2k,xp) and disable the "program has generated errors blaa blaa" dialog from dr watson to make that work correctly.

Oosh,

did u change the options for dr.watson ?

if not it is normal that u don´t get the restart after crash.

this batch version funtions fine on my notebook with windows xp pro.

Hi oosh,

excuse my late answer.

u need to disable the crash reporting of drwatson.

- start regedit

go to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ Microsoft\ DrWatson

look for this Key

"CreateCrashDump"

change it from "1" to "0" for not activ.

hope this fixes your problem.

To automatically restart OFP server can use the Fire Daemon Pro 1.9.231, as a fall during a game server, this program will raise the server.