Sign in to follow this  
arbut0419

by pressing which buttons to drag/carry and first aid to ppl?

in ARMA 2, basic training, first aid training, i have tried every buttons and clicked every items in action menu by pressing keyboard buttons f1 to f12 and 1 to 0, I can't find how to perform drag or carry or first aid to someone.

I just standing in front of the lying down soldier but can do nthing to him

would u guys can tell me by pressing which buttons / how to perform those actions?

Be aware that the man closest to the instructor cannot be interacted with. The instructor wants you to carry back a man across the street about 20m away. ]. [ keys or the mousewheel should scroll through the action menu and enter or middleMouse should select the action menu item.

i just saw:

status, reply

ammo low, communication

but inside i can't see item related carry / drag

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

the brief says " walk up to the wounded marine and select the 'drag' action from the action menu "

but there's no DRAG let me to choose in the action menu no matter with the lying soldier 1m or 20m!

actually, which button to get into the action menu ???

The person you need to drag is behind you. And action menu is access through the mouse wheel or the "[", "]" keys (box bracket) and you click the middle mouse button or ENTER key to select the selected action

once i have dropped my gun, as I walked near to the ammo crates, and just scrolling up or down of the middle mouse button, I saw there's a finger appeared, and I can gear up myself, or walked to the dropped gun on the ground, I also saw there's a small "gun icon" and which means I can pick the gun up

however, as I walked to the lying down soldier, I just can't see such icon appeared

which lying down person? is the lying down person already have someone attend to him? that is not the correct person, look around, he's due west to you (i think)

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

As I crouched beside with the lying down soldier, I saw there's another pathetic guy agonizing on the ground outside of the building away from the instructor! as I run toward him, I saw there's a drag option let me to choose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAHHAAAA! thanks all !!! finally reconized which one I have to save but not the one near the instructor!

You did not listen to the instructor. He said "Go and carry that soldier from over there back here before giving him first aid." Why would he want you to carry the soldier back to him that's already at his feet?

You did not listen to the instructor. He said "Go and carry that soldier from over there back here before giving him first aid." Why would he want you to carry the soldier back to him that's already at his feet?

LOL!! :D

Also the drag comes up when your at the woundeds head i think. As you drag him in the collar of the jacket or vest. Your not pulling him around feet first. When you have the drag going you also get a new option - carry.

Everyone has replied to the First Aid Course that is part of the first tutorial where you run an obstacle course, shoot, etc. but further down the boot camp scenarios there is something called "EO4: First Aid" in which you are in the middle of nowhere with an ambulance and a humvee. Between the two vehicles is a private on the ground thrashing around. There is no instructor, there are no buildings. The tutorial says to go administer first aid.  That is the scenario the OP is talking about because once you click on the private anywhere on his body (head, feet, hands) it default only to first aid.  You don't get any menu it just gives first aid.  So I too would like to know how to complete the scenario. 

Same Here - both events are glitched... you cant get past the "E01" training as you can the first by re "first Aiding" will post here if I find the solution. (try mods or scripts that fix bugs meanwhile?)