Sign in to follow this  
Sgt. Gomez 24

Chernarus Life vs. City Life (2?)

ok ive been excited to ask this question

whats the main difference between these 2 rpg missions?

ive played the beta of chernarus life and seen some vids of city life for arma 1

from what ive seen city life looks a little more in depth is this correct?

Citylife is arma 1 was significantly more in depth. Citylife was more willing to create new models and present a more realistic aspect. When i was part of it and the CLEU we went through basic police training from a person currently attending the police academy. This was mixed in with many kools features and functions. At one point this included fist fighting, fire fighting, and all sorts of kool things. Ultimately, that whole thing went a bit tits up after some in fighting. Due to sahrani/chenarus life having less addon requirement it has transfered over to arma 2 faster and with more options. Overall i haven't touched citylife for a while since things set ugly. Chenarus life currently has more functionality, but we will have to see how things work out.

city life = role playing like if your a cop act like one do traffic stops ect... if your a civ make money by working or selling drugs and other things, just dont let the cops catch you.

Chenarus life is like GTA style cops vs robbers just kill everyone.. while in city life you just try to well live a city life lol people do kill in city life but you end up going to jail or dying for it and you will lose your money

^ I thoroughly agree with that sentiment when talking about how it is supposed to work. However, many a game feel into this. Civs go to factory, spend 20 minutes to make 500k. Spend the rest of the day killing cops at random using cars that were at the time invincible and abusing the new life rule to new heights lol.

thnx guys for the replies :)

i found a small wip of CL2 on youtube

i think im gonna side for city life seems much more controlled

i even saw the laws listed in the map notes!!! :yay:

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

oh and can someone post some more videos of the original city life?

starting to watch videos twice lol

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9juQdN3D68A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9juQdN3D68A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

thnx for moving didnt know how

Edited by Sgt. Gomez 24

is there a download for this yet? or is this a preview.

its coming out soon

If you want to know more about City Life stop by the web site:http://www.cityliferpg.com/phpbb3/index.php.

Join the forums and ask questions. We are curently working on CityLife2 for ARMA2. It is almost all new codes, functions and scripts due to old CityLife mission being taken with out permission and edited. It will include alot of new things. If you guys want I will post links to vids showing stuff like the skateboards, saketboard park, new police cars/trucks/helos, new "civ" style weapons, tazer gun/tazer shotgun, house construction from start to end, ingame logins, new buildings, vehicles such as ambulance/spotrs cars/robinson R44 civ helo/tow truck that actualy tows/some construction vehicles, abilty to "go shoping" for food/drink/furniture, lots lots more that I know I forgot.

I was trying to hold off on posting in bis forums till we were ready with a workable beta for ARMA2 but I guess the cat is out of the bag.:yay:

If the demand is enough I will start a new thread or keep posting here dpending what the mods want. :bounce3:

Has anyone ever tried to make an AI that you can play against in SP? Playing as a criminal against Police AI would feel like GTA i suppose.

:)

You guys can I get some clarification on whether or not this mod will be made available for anyone to host on their server?

I did register at your website but its buggier than arma 2 and I cant use it.

So will this be released to the public?, or is it gonna be like chernarus life where the guys that made it act like big babies, and dont let anyone to play it.

It will be released to public but only after all the bugs and testing are done. We have no problem with helping out with scripting, model making, and training if we are asked. For now we are keeping it in house because we had the same thing happen to us were one version of our mission (v1.34) was taken and most of our beta addons also. This other "mod" has removed the original devs names and have replaced them with their own.

You should also know that we are training the police that play on the server so we don't have any of this SL and SLR death matching going on between cops and civs.

Nope. The main idea is to be balanced. The civs actualy have a say in making the laws, deciding jail time and fines along with alot of others. We don't want it to be "Cop Life" like the other maps we have seen. For every thing the cops have the civs have a conter and vise versa. It is set up so civs can rob other civs and all that other good stuff. The cops will be there to help civs not to kill and give tickets for making u turns in the middle of west bubble f*ck.

Nope. The main idea is to be balanced. The civs actualy have a say in making the laws, deciding jail time and fines along with alot of others. We don't want it to be "Cop Life" like the other maps we have seen. For every thing the cops have the civs have a conter and vise versa. It is set up so civs can rob other civs and all that other good stuff. The cops will be there to help civs not to kill and give tickets for making u turns in the middle of west bubble f*ck.

I'll be checking it out then :)

Im excited to play, I hope it comes out soon:bounce3:

If you need more testers let me know.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

BTW I still cant get the citylife website to work for me.

I registered yesterday, I activated, but it wont let me log in. Id really like to be able to browse the forums and see what I can learn there.

I will talk to Armatech. He runs the web site. I will direct him here to p/m you to fix the problem.