Sign in to follow this  
topeira

Picking colored team + team switch isnt working anymore?!

1) how can i choose the colored teams i assigned? i have a red team and a blue one. how can i call the blue team to do something together quickly?! manual was no good :(

if i need to press a button than please dont tell my the name of the KEY since i remapped most of them. tell me the name of the button as it appears on the key binding screen , if u can.

2) ever since patch 1.02 my switch team function no longer works after im dead. before 1.02 when i died i could switch to a live playable character. now when i die i click the switch team button but nothing happens. a bug or a change or ... umm... have no other alternatives.

any fix for that?!

thanks

if you are pressing the 8 button to get to your teams to select them, it won't work. You have to select all, then the team button. It's been reported on the bug list.

if you are pressing the 8 button to get to your teams to select them, it won't work. You have to select all, then the team button. It's been reported on the bug list.

not sure what that mean (press 8 after selecting all?) but i'll try

what about the switch team AFTER death? works for others?

my system -

HD4870

2gb ram

Q6600

win XP sp3

anyone else had a problem with the "switch teammate" after death? as long as im alive i can switch characters but once im dead i can click the button abd nothing happens. is there a fix?!?

Do you mean in campaign or editor. As far as i know in the campaign if you flat out die it means mission over because any person that dies in your team ends the mission. This is why team switch is disabled there. If in the editor, then maybe its a bug or maybe BIS felt that if you truly die you should stay dead.

it's in the editor, mate.

i can kinda see the logic behind it but i think other ppl have this working so maybe it's just a bug at my end.

this is why im asking if other ppl have this or not. im having this issue only after 1.02 so i thought that it might be on purpose.

anyone playing with 1.02 - can u switch team members in editor mission u make after u die?!

Yep its a bug. The option is highlighted and clickable. When switching is disabled due to the campaign the switch is grayed out. In the editor it just appears to click and not respond.

Yep its a bug. The option is highlighted and clickable. When switching is disabled due to the campaign the switch is grayed out. In the editor it just appears to click and not respond.

oh, so u have the bug too?

Teamswitch after death also doesn't work in user-made missions. I hope it is a bug which may eventually be fixed. It might also be a feature "designed" to make us play more carefully.

if i wanted to play carefully than i wouldnt create a mission with many playable characters.

i can see the benefits of the idea but i want it the way it was :(

So this is the end of my search options and I haven't seen a clear answer.

I am in the same boat, I want to select the teams that I assigned without 4 key presses and I think there must be a way.

Is there a button I can push to quickly select red, blue, or green teams?

I've answered this same question three times this week in three different threads:

The easiest thing to do is press shift + F(number) of one of the men in that team color. For example, if you've made 2,3,4 team red and 5,6,7 team white, then you can select team red by pressing shift + F2 (or F3 or F4, it doesn't really matter).

Edited by Xenios