Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

^ Signed for spraying GAU-8 hell in Multiplayer! ^

edit: omg, yet again I create a new page.. HiFi Cole curse or something : /
    Being underground is too mainstream.

Mark, if I use this with the new VOP 2.1 will there be a conflict or should I remove the Aiplane sounds from VOP 2.1?

Really like your A10 sounds!

Ok, impressions from ingame testing. The sounds are top notch, especially the variation between them. Sounds very good from both the air and the ground. Unfortunately, the burst setup is a deal-breaker for me, really prefer the fully automatic version as in real life. Keep up the good work though.

Quote Originally Posted by vengeance1 View Post
    Mark, if I use this with the new VOP 2.1 will there be a conflict or should I remove the Aiplane sounds from VOP 2.1?

Really like your A10 sounds!
    Just tried that, if you load HiFi A10 first, it's going to override Vopsound A10

Example:
    -mod=@HiFi_A10;@VopSound_2.1

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Just tried that, if you load HiFi A10 first, it's going to override Vopsound A10

Example:

PERFECT thanks Cole!

Quote Originally Posted by vengeance1 View Post
    PERFECT thanks Cole!
    You're welcome

Author of the Thread

Red face

SimonC
    Unfortunately, the burst setup is a deal-breaker for me, really prefer the fully automatic version as in real life.

Quote from the wiki on GAU 8 Avenger;
    The Avenger's rate of fire was originally selectable, 2,100 rounds per minute (rpm) in the low setting, or 4,200 rpm in the high setting.[3] Later this was changed to a fixed rate of 3,900 rpm.[4] In practice, the cannon is limited to one and two-second bursts to avoid overheating and conserve ammunition; barrel life is also a factor, since the USAF has specified a life of at least 36,000 rounds for each set of barrels.[citation needed] It is also said that this is to deal with the substantial deceleration of the plane that results from firing (see below for details). Technically, however, there is no tech order limitation on the duration the gun may be continuously fired; therefore the pilot could, in theory, hold the trigger down and expend all rounds in the handling system with one burst, with no damage or ill effects. However, this constant rate of fire does shorten barrel life considerably, and imposes more barrel inspections at shorter cycle intervals.

I'm sorry if you think the burst modes on the HiFi GAU are unrealistic, however if you read the above you must agree that I was following realistic pilot procedure. Not only from this point of view, but one of ingame destructive force.

1sec burst destroys all vehicals...
    2sec burst destroys alot of buildings...why would you want to fire for longer ?

Have alook around, you can find lots of useful info about the A10 and its service
    http://warthognews.blogspot.com/2009...-for-june.html
    anything you can do.....

First let me say, this sound mod is awesome! THX for your great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post

Example:
    Doesn't work this way here (HiFi_A10 isn't active).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark XIII View Post
    SimonC

Quote from the wiki on GAU 8 Avenger;

I'm sorry if you think the burst modes on the HiFi GAU are unrealistic, however if you read the above you must agree that I was following realistic pilot procedure. Not only from this point of view, but one of ingame destructive force.

1sec burst destroys all vehicals...
    2sec burst destroys alot of buildings...why would you want to fire for longer ?

Have alook around, you can find lots of useful info about the A10 and its service
    http://warthognews.blogspot.com/2009...-for-june.html
    Ah, my mistake I apologise greatly, I guess I missed that bit.

I love the sound but i have a slight problem:

After all, your change in the firecylce limits the use of your fantastic mod quite drasticly.
    In MP, the use of your mod is limited. Everyone on a server is obligated to have the mod if he wants to play there.
    And your quote stated that continous shooting IS possible.
    Shouldn't it be the pilots choice?
    A pilot should have the full control over his vehicle.

As said: fantastic sounds, but if there is a way to have your sound without affecting the gameplay, it would make a lot of people very happy.
    Last edited by Hiramas; Jul 11 2009 at 17:36.

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast