Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

Since Mark is working on an update right now, he sent me as the spokesman :)

Mark, feel free to use the config. Here's the improved version, MP compatible:

http://dump.no/files/d1f52f016a46/hifi_a10_c.pbo

Mark thanks you for the config, he's going to, let me quote Mark directly: ,,release a version using your config complete with sounds and updated throttle soon"

Nice sound .. but no bisign :16_6_8:

Signature files are ready, the next version will be signed for secure MP gaming ; )

However, it's going to be a "nonHiFi" key, meant for Mark's projects like this one, until HiFi Team is back in full action.

Nope, mines better :)

Ok thats abit harsh...I mean, mine has more too it than just the 'a10' worble sound...it has 10 sounds. how many does bfdc have ? not that many, so I guess they went with generic sound to fit the game best.

Thats abit better, BTW

update very soon:)

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Here's 1.1 of the A10 now as a standard BIS replacement (thanks to Robalo for the config)

Mirror

http://www.filefront.com/14017983/HiFi_A10%20v1.1.7z

More info on 1st page and hopefully EMERY will make an updated video later, I'll ask him real nice :)

Edited by Mark XIII
the quick and the dead

^ Signed for spraying GAU-8 hell in Multiplayer! ^

edit: omg, yet again I create a new page.. HiFi Cole curse or something : /

Mark, if I use this with the new VOP 2.1 will there be a conflict or should I remove the Aiplane sounds from VOP 2.1?

:confused:

Really like your A10 sounds!

Ok, impressions from ingame testing. The sounds are top notch, especially the variation between them. Sounds very good from both the air and the ground. Unfortunately, the burst setup is a deal-breaker for me, really prefer the fully automatic version as in real life. Keep up the good work though. :)

Mark, if I use this with the new VOP 2.1 will there be a conflict or should I remove the Aiplane sounds from VOP 2.1?

:confused:

Really like your A10 sounds!

Just tried that, if you load HiFi A10 first, it's going to override Vopsound A10

Example:

-mod=@HiFi_A10;@VopSound_2.1

Just tried that, if you load HiFi A10 first, it's going to override Vopsound A10

Example:

PERFECT thanks Cole!

PERFECT thanks Cole!

You're welcome :)

SimonC

Unfortunately, the burst setup is a deal-breaker for me, really prefer the fully automatic version as in real life.

Quote from the wiki on GAU 8 Avenger;

The Avenger's rate of fire was originally selectable, 2,100 rounds per minute (rpm) in the low setting, or 4,200 rpm in the high setting.[3] Later this was changed to a fixed rate of 3,900 rpm.[4] In practice, the cannon is limited to one and two-second bursts to avoid overheating and conserve ammunition; barrel life is also a factor, since the USAF has specified a life of at least 36,000 rounds for each set of barrels.[citation needed] It is also said that this is to deal with the substantial deceleration of the plane that results from firing (see below for details). Technically, however, there is no tech order limitation on the duration the gun may be continuously fired; therefore the pilot could, in theory, hold the trigger down and expend all rounds in the handling system with one burst, with no damage or ill effects. However, this constant rate of fire does shorten barrel life considerably, and imposes more barrel inspections at shorter cycle intervals.

I'm sorry if you think the burst modes on the HiFi GAU are unrealistic, however if you read the above you must agree that I was following realistic pilot procedure. Not only from this point of view, but one of ingame destructive force.

1sec burst destroys all vehicals...

2sec burst destroys alot of buildings...why would you want to fire for longer ?

Have alook around, you can find lots of useful info about the A10 and its service

http://warthognews.blogspot.com/2009/07/10-afghanistan-combat-summary-for-june.html

First let me say, this sound mod is awesome! THX for your great work.

Example:

Doesn't work this way here (HiFi_A10 isn't active).

SimonC

Quote from the wiki on GAU 8 Avenger;

I'm sorry if you think the burst modes on the HiFi GAU are unrealistic, however if you read the above you must agree that I was following realistic pilot procedure. Not only from this point of view, but one of ingame destructive force.

1sec burst destroys all vehicals...

2sec burst destroys alot of buildings...why would you want to fire for longer ?

Have alook around, you can find lots of useful info about the A10 and its service

http://warthognews.blogspot.com/2009/07/10-afghanistan-combat-summary-for-june.html

Ah, my mistake :o I apologise greatly, I guess I missed that bit.

I love the sound but i have a slight problem:

After all, your change in the firecylce limits the use of your fantastic mod quite drasticly.

In MP, the use of your mod is limited. Everyone on a server is obligated to have the mod if he wants to play there.

And your quote stated that continous shooting IS possible.

Shouldn't it be the pilots choice?

A pilot should have the full control over his vehicle.

As said: fantastic sounds, but if there is a way to have your sound without affecting the gameplay, it would make a lot of people very happy.

Edited by Hiramas

First let me say, this sound mod is awesome! THX for your great work.

Doesn't work this way here (HiFi_A10 isn't active).

IIRC in Arma1 it was the other way round. The mods listed last in the shortcut get loaded last and thus override any content loaded in previous mods

IIRC in Arma1 it was the other way round. The mods listed last in the shortcut get loaded last and thus override any content loaded in previous mods

Ok, I tested:

...\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@VopSound_2.1;@HiFi_A10 => VopSound is used

...\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@HiFi_A10;@VopSound_2.1 => VopSound is used

I guess in which case you can only remove fixed wing module from VOP to let that work.

VOP2.1 and Mark's HIFIA10 works perfect. It doesnt change the A10 into HIFIA10. The HIFIA10 is further down the list. Dont know if you knew that? I missed it first time around.

To me it works with VOP2.1 - TRSM - RHhelisounds - MarkA10

Alex

Very nice sounds Mark :)

Here is an improved version:

1) rename pbo to HiFi_s_A10, also do the same for the pboprefix (drag into text editor).

2) remove your old config

3) create a new folder called HiFi_rs_A10

4) put this config in there: http://pastebin.com/m26ae2f7e

5) pack both with eliteness

6) use yoma addon sync to create a key and sign both files.

@ compatibility problems:

The modularSoundTemplate (mST) was made for a reason.

You need to convince your fellow sound addon designers to use it. ;)

VOP2.1 and Mark's HIFIA10 works perfect. It doesnt change the A10 into HIFIA10. The HIFIA10 is further down the list. Dont know if you knew that? I missed it first time around.

To me it works with VOP2.1 - TRSM - RHhelisounds - MarkA10

Alex

Hi Alex,

with regard to "HiFi A-10 & GAU 8 Avenger V1.0b" you are right, but we are talking about "HiFi A-10 & GAU 8 Avenger v1.1". Look in the first post:

"...This is 1.1 from me with alotta help from the guys at dev-heaven and cole

New to 1.1

Keys

Replaces BIS version

Extended and reworked throttle sound

Reworked config volume over distance for pleasing flyby..."

Edited by DragonBaron

Nice work on the sounds but I have a question. Is there a way to set up an AI A-10 with no ordinance except the GAU8 cannon? I am trying to place on on the map to test out the sounds and hgear it firing from the outside but if I place a target on the map the A-10 fires missiles at it first and destroys it so I don't get to here the cannon firing.

Anyone know how to do this?

Cheers

SD

Edited by Soupdragon
I'm a dumbass

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input so far, glad you like the sounds :)

I'm kinda busy right now working some more stuff which I'd like to release so I cannot confirm if HiFi GAU works with Vop 2.1 or not. I'm planning on releasing both A10's (BIS HiFi version and standalone HiFi version) for the next release. As well as incorporating Kju's knowledge into the next build too. But for now I'm about 3 sounds away from C130 playtest so I'll get to it first thing tomorrow :)

Regards

Mark

I guess in which case you can only remove fixed wing module from VOP to let that work.

Nope that doesn't work, I removed

vops_c_fixedwing

vops_s_fixedwing

actually caused some other sound errors.