After experiencing the bug myself (just bought the game) and noticing there are many other threads about it but none listing solutions, I thought starting one with a solution I found.
What seemed to fix it for me is setting TexMemory=2 (increasing texture memory which seems to be the problem that causes the bug) in the playername.ArmA2Profile file. It looked like it's fixed because after I used this the screen turned black again but it only lasted a few seconds before it recovered.
Modifying TexMemory=2 in the file was the only thing I changed from my previous setup. Also I have to mention I'm using very low settings.