Sign in to follow this  
Lauri90

You were kicked off the game, session lost

Hi

I have legal copy of arma, but i cant connect to many servers. I get You were kicked off the game and session lost messages. Sometimes even: You were banned, but i havent ever played on this server. Might it be because of language patch(russian to english) from this forum?

Hi

I have legal copy of arma, but i cant connect to many servers. I get You were kicked off the game and session lost messages. Sometimes even: You were banned, but i havent ever played on this server. Might it be because of language patch(russian to english) from this forum?

Yes, that's very likely. The language patches are not official and some of the old ones aren't even signed. Using them will often mean that the game detects hacked data, which will cause some servers to kick or even ban you.

I dunno if the language patch would be the cause, but some servers trying to keep out hackers only allow certain addons which require a server key I believe. Some just won't allow addons at all. Usually this results in you being temp banned/kicked from a server before you even fully join in (Often when it says you are banned, it is not actually a ban, just a kick, or it is a very very short term ban). Sometimes the kick occures just seconds after getting in game. Check the messages in the corner, it should tell you the exact file that the server did not like. You may have to reconnect to a server to see the last few messages listing the file.

If the cause is something else, hopefully someone will know a reason and help you out.

Edit: Maddog beat me too it, pretty much summed it up in fewer words.

I have been using VOPSound and I've been geting kicked or banned, and there are signed keys in it. But when I join using my own altered sounds I can join some servers.

How about "you have been banned" ? I get that even when i am not using VOP or my own edited sound effects.

I'm now getting the same message, but this just started happening recently.

Maybe you have a high ping. Also some admins are just dickheads. I was kicked from a server just because I was piloting a Harrier and got shot down.

What I mean was that I am getting kicked as I'm just joining into the game.

did you rename your .exe... maybe a firewall?

Thats a negative

i am also getting kicked off of game servers before completely joining with the error "session lost". probably 75% of game servers i try to play and it started yesterday after i added the new 1.03 patch. i dont know why but i was playing these servers before they added the patch without problems and now i can't join any server i liked. wtf?

What I mean was that I am getting kicked as I'm just joining into the game.

Same thing has been happening to me, except I found that if I turn off the mod folder I can join any server just fine.

So no custom anything for me anymore, this has to be fixed.

Same thing has been happening to me, except I found that if I turn off the mod folder I can join any server just fine.

So no custom anything for me anymore, this has to be fixed.

There is nothing to fix. Contact server admins and ask them to allow addon XY on their server.

It is a cheat protection.

Hi all, if you have a full version of BAF maybe is that, i have fixed the problem uninstalling BAF, not lite, the full version

Full BAF now is problem. It is fact for me too. I can't connect to my favourite servers.

What can i do whithout deleting BAF?

OK. I had the same problems-banned from servers for no apparent reason and 'lost session' messages.

I have just deleted my BAF content and can now get back into these servers.

Thanks Tali.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Have just reinstalled BAF dlc but not the 1.01 patch.

No 'Banned' messages and no 'Lost session' messages (so far)!

I'm getting kicked from almost every server now. It started happening after I lost connection with a server.

Goto the Steam Library, right click on "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead." Then hit "properties" and you should have a pop-up window with a bunch of tabs at the top. Go to "local files," and hit "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache". Voila! :yay: