Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You were kicked off the game, session lost

You were kicked off the game, session lost

Hi

I have legal copy of arma, but i cant connect to many servers. I get You were kicked off the game and session lost messages. Sometimes even: You were banned, but i havent ever played on this server. Might it be because of language patch(russian to english) from this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri90 View Post
    Hi

I have legal copy of arma, but i cant connect to many servers. I get You were kicked off the game and session lost messages. Sometimes even: You were banned, but i havent ever played on this server. Might it be because of language patch(russian to english) from this forum?
    Yes, that's very likely. The language patches are not official and some of the old ones aren't even signed. Using them will often mean that the game detects hacked data, which will cause some servers to kick or even ban you.

Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 Motherboard | Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.0GHz | NVidia GeForce GTX770 4GB
    16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | ASUS Xonar D2X
    sound | be Quiet! 700W PSU | Windows 7 x64

I dunno if the language patch would be the cause, but some servers trying to keep out hackers only allow certain addons which require a server key I believe. Some just won't allow addons at all. Usually this results in you being temp banned/kicked from a server before you even fully join in (Often when it says you are banned, it is not actually a ban, just a kick, or it is a very very short term ban). Sometimes the kick occures just seconds after getting in game. Check the messages in the corner, it should tell you the exact file that the server did not like. You may have to reconnect to a server to see the last few messages listing the file.

If the cause is something else, hopefully someone will know a reason and help you out.

Edit: Maddog beat me too it, pretty much summed it up in fewer words.

I have been using VOPSound and I've been geting kicked or banned, and there are signed keys in it. But when I join using my own altered sounds I can join some servers.

As Real as Possible...and I'm not talking about a condom...

How about "you have been banned" ? I get that even when i am not using VOP or my own edited sound effects.

I'm now getting the same message, but this just started happening recently.
    we shall fight on the seas and oceans,we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,we shall fight on the beaches,we shall fight on the landing grounds,we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,we shall fight in the hills,we shall never surrender

Winston Churchill 4 June 1940

Gunnery Sergeant
    Maybe you have a high ping. Also some admins are just dickheads. I was kicked from a server just because I was piloting a Harrier and got shot down.

What I mean was that I am getting kicked as I'm just joining into the game.

did you rename your .exe... maybe a firewall?
    ...Free people unbannable...

Quote Originally Posted by kklownboy View Post
    did you rename your .exe... maybe a firewall?
    Thats a negative

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast