Sign in to follow this  
GunRage

User Account - Interactive

Hi,

Does anyone know why Arma2 has created a user account named INTERACTIVE.

I notice this account inherits from the system owner's account, is this not a security issue??

I have never seen this before, no other game requires this, so what is the purpose of this??

Interactive.jpg

I haven't got an interactive account. Which version of the game do you have?

I haven't got an interactive account. Which version of the game do you have?

Same here :) but it would be wierd for the game to do that :smash:

I have the normal PC version, It's not downloaded via steam, but I do have a steam account on my system, are you telling me this is nothing to do with Bohemia Interactive??

Sorry, but I have only noticed this on my system, probable due to the fact this is the first game I have had to try and tweak to run properly.

But I did block it and Arma2 would not start, unless that's just a coincident, I have been messing about with this game so much, lol.

I’m using Vista 64, I have XP 32 on another HD, I’ll have a look at that later, and I’ll try blocking it again, just to see if I was wrong, if it doesn’t start, I’ll check to see if my other game are affected in the same way…

Have just finished checking my system again…

First of all, the third tick “Write†does not need to be there, I must have ticked it while messing about.

Arma 2 will not start-up if I deny access for this account, but all other games run fine.

I do have this showing up in all of my game except two of them, including the steam account, but not the steam account game. Also i.e. Sony vagas, paint shop pro… and other third party software, but only Arma 2 is affected if access is denied.

I am assuming this was created with the Arma 2 install, unless, it has been created via one of Microsoft’s service packs, I have recently updated to SP2, But then why is only Arma 2 affected when access is denied?

If anyone can shed some light on this I would be grateful…

Sorry I haven’t had time to check my XP drive to see if it’s there, that’ll have to wait for now.

Edited by GunRage
Put Read instead of Write, now correct.

from where You downloaded it if not from STEAM ? Direct2Drive ? GamersGate? Sprocket ?

maybe You got some nice 'trojan' surprise if it was from unsafe source, definitely suspicious

Edited by Dwarden

Is Arma 2 supposed to create a "launch Arma 2" shortcut? I know A1 did, but I didnt' have one created when I installed Arma 2. I don't remember seeing an option to create one when I installed it, but with all the excitement I may have missed it.

Mine did (pretty sure it was a pre-checked option on the last step of the completed install). But, I don't know about the Steam version.

I just checked my shortcut: I also have this user.

Its doesnt seem to be "Interactive" as in Bohemia Interactive however, mine says "INTERAKTIV" (as in the word "Interactive" in Swedish, or at least close to it if you do crap-translation). Mine only have read rights (read and run, read).

This is the 505 DVD Swedish (or rather UK) version (running on Vista x64).

I really would like an official response from BIS if this is proper behaviour from the game.

Edited by Murklor

I'm playing with the 505 DVD version on Win7 and there is nothing other than my own account listed under users. I didn't look when I was playing it under Vista though.

Hm, checked some other shortcuts I have and "INTERAKTIV" (or "INTERACTIVE") appear to be some generic account/group. Steam has it among other shortcuts. BF2 has it too.

Hm, guess I learned something new. I have a windowed Arma II shortcut that appear to work just fine without it, dont think I've tried that in multiplayer however.

I've got it too, though for other shortcuts. So it has nothing to do with Bohemia interactive. What it actually does I don't know, but I doubt it's anything suspicious.

Hm, checked some other shortcuts I have and "INTERAKTIV" (or "INTERACTIVE") appear to be some generic account/group. Steam has it among other shortcuts. BF2 has it too.

Hm, guess I learned something new. I have a windowed Arma II shortcut that appear to work just fine without it, dont think I've tried that in multiplayer however.

Thanks Murklor, i think I know what it is, I don't think it's as bad as it looks,

I have just reinstall Arma2 and it's clean, no Interactive, I then reinstalled patch 1.02 (58134) and it's still clean, I now believe it has nothing to do with Arma 2 or Bohemia Interactive...

Whatever corrupted the file must have been installed after I installed Arma2, which in my case leave only graphics card drivers. I have Nvidia 186.18 drivers plus the EVGA SLi Enhacers, now it's not the EVGA Sli Enhancer, I have just uninstalled and reinstalled with no changes, which leaves only the nvidia driver.

I have not had time to try reinstalling the driver yet, no time just now, but to be honest I don't think it is this particular driver, while I was trying out different video drivers, I came across a thread that recommended an updated 186.** beta driver and gave a link to 3DGURU for the driver, this driver was a forceware driver, not Nvidia, it was crap and I uninstalled it straight away, sorry can't remember the exact number.

I can't be a 100% sure, but I think this is what has happened, now, I don’t think it's a Trojan or malicious either, I trust 3DGURU, I think it is just a bad set of drivers.

What I have done about the other corrupted desktop shortcuts, is delete them and then created new desktop shortcuts, they all work fine and are now clean. I can find no other evidence on my system at the moment to suggest that any other parts of my system have been altered in any way, it seems clean.

If I find anything else I’ll report it here, But thanks everyone for the input, It had me going, lol.

I have the same thing, only it is named Rob. Cannot delete it or erase it. Steam version. It looks like when you first install the game it automatically creates a user profile based on the name of the windows profile it was installed on.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Umm or did you mean it created a windows account? If that is the case, I do NOT have that issue.

'Interactive' is a built-in Windows account.

I have never seen this in any of the 10-15 windows installations that i do per week, of any flavour, from winnt3.5 to windows 7.

where did you read that this is a built in account ?

If this is the same thing...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms683502(VS.85).aspx

I would be concerned with this statement.

By default, services use a noninteractive window station and cannot interact with the user. However, an interactive service can display a user interface and receive user input.

along with this,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms956160.aspx

Edited by SWAT_BigBear