Sign in to follow this  
neofit

Team switch?

Hi,

In boot camp we are told that if we want to carefully position our team members, we can use the Team Switch feature. Sure, I tried switching back and forth during the training session and thought nothing of it. Now I really want to switch to my sniper for instance. The moment I do it the AI Cooper assumes command as if someone made him boss and ruins it all for me.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to switch to a team member without Cooper starting to give orders to the other ones? Or is it simply broken?

We are now surrounded by Russian equipment, and I want my guys to drop their NATO weapons and switch to the Russian ones. Any easy way to do that?

Thanks.

nope, in the campaign cooper is always the commander, human or AI. Kind of defeats the purpose I know. I found that sometimes it's nice if you want to move a squad member real fast, i.e. during one mission I had my #4 manning the PK on a technical, covering me and the others several hundred meters away assaulting a fortification. I wanted #4 to move up closer, so instead of going thru the whole menu process of dismount, board, drive, dismount, man machine gun, I just jumped in his place and did it in a fraction of the time.

I think the team switch is mainly for the single missions where you're part of a large squad, and if you die then you can switch to a live soldier (you can still do it while alive also).

the best way to get units to switch weapons is select them one at a time, get them as close to where the weapon crate, dead body, truck, etc. is (click on the ground next to it), then use the gear menu. so if you want your #2 to get something, hit F2 -> 6 (action) -> gear; that should open up the gear menu in the map. If it's a weapon inside a vehicle, sometimes it's easier to just get them to board it, then go to the gear menu in the map and it should have all the gear in the vehicle listed (I think you might also have to be in the vehicle with them...can't remember).

Note that this is somewhat time consuming, so make sure the coast is clear so you don't get attacked while messing around in the menus ;)

Edited by No Use For A Name

the best way to get units to switch weapons is select them one at a time, get them as close to where the weapon crate, dead body, truck, etc. is (click on the ground next to it), then use the gear menu. so if you want your #2 to get something, hit F2 -> 6 (action) -> gear; that should open up the gear menu in the map. If it's a weapon inside a vehicle, sometimes it's easier to just get them to board it, then go to the gear menu in the map and it should have all the gear in the vehicle listed (I think you might also have to be in the vehicle with them...can't remember).

Thanks, didn't think about trying it that way. I've tried the 6 "Action" menu, "Take XXX from YYY", but it's not easy to figure out what YYY it is talking about.