Sign in to follow this  
fhil

Larger bullet hitting ground effect (dirt/dust)

something that has always bothered me since OFP is the effect of when bullets hit the ground(the dust/dirt rising from the bullet energy impact). some of them are to small IMO especially on the larger calibre guns and just feel weak.

some examples where i defn feel it is way to small and can even hurt gameplay is when shooting the chopper mounted guns such as the m134 minigun. the impact effect is so small i cant even see where my bullets are hitting the ground when high in the chopper

sniper rifles cant see the bullet hitting the ground either in the distance it is so small

Edited by fhil

yeah, sometimes it's damn near impossible to see where your bullets hit in Arma2...at least in Arma you could see the impacts fairly easily. I'm sure some "special effects" mod makers will make it a little more defined

something that has always bothered me since OFP is the effect of when bullets hit the ground(the dust/dirt rising from the bullet energy impact). some of them are to small IMO especially on the larger calibre guns and just feel weak.

some examples where i defn feel it is way to small and can even hurt gameplay is when shooting the chopper mounted guns such as the m134 minigun. the impact effect is so small i cant even see where my bullets are hitting the ground when high in the chopper

sniper rifles cant see the bullet hitting the ground either in the distance it is so small

The M134 is a 7.62, the thing is it fires 2000 round per minute, and has evrey 5th round a tracer so you get this spectacular stream of lead, witch i failed to notice in arma2 :(

Its also so fucking stiff!!!!! I cant keep it on a vehicle while the chopper flys by cuz its so slow to move :butbut:

NOOOoooo I hated that in ArmA when bullets hit the ground to see that stupid dust kick that goes several feet up into the air.

The dust kick in ArmA2 seem fine to me.

ChaplainDMK: I agree that the mounted weapons like on the choppers are damped way too much.

Yes... it really needs a bigger bullet puff.. i have a .22 pistol and a semi-auto AK47, both of their dust puffs are about the same height and size when i shoot them at the same angle into the ground, both of their puffs are about 1 foot high.

And the sound of detonation on the explosive rounds needs to be louder, as with the 30mm fired from this A-10

And the ZU-23 and ZSU gun-shot reports should be MUCH louder. From what I can gather, they sound like small artillery guns in rapid-fire. I believe that we got a chance to hear some during the "Shock and Awe".

I believe the "ripping noise" is a ZSU and the slower full-auto noise is a ZU-23. Just guessing, based on combined cyclic rates of each system. And we're hearing it from a considerable distance!

In moist, Chernarussian soil?

No, but i did it about 5-6 hours after it rained so it was muddy.

I don't want huge clouds of dirt; just something a little more noticeable. Whenever I go shooting, you can usually see dirt clumps or grass or something that lets you know where you hit; but since monitors don't simulate the resolution of the human eye, I think we need something to compensate

Sound effects are preaty cheap in ArmA2 :(

And M134 miniguns should realy be more impressive

I mean, you just cant get a better "eat lead" moment then that stream of red tracers comming from the chopper...

You could make duke nukems jaw drop with that.

Note:

The big dust puffs are cuz this is done in the desert: fine sand thats light so it makes bigger puffs.

Fully agree on the M134 issue. No sights, supposed to "aim by tracers", but I hardly see any tracers at all. Combined with internet lag, makes this a pretty useless weapon.