Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larger bullet hitting ground effect (dirt/dust)

Larger bullet hitting ground effect (dirt/dust)

something that has always bothered me since OFP is the effect of when bullets hit the ground(the dust/dirt rising from the bullet energy impact). some of them are to small IMO especially on the larger calibre guns and just feel weak.

some examples where i defn feel it is way to small and can even hurt gameplay is when shooting the chopper mounted guns such as the m134 minigun. the impact effect is so small i cant even see where my bullets are hitting the ground when high in the chopper

sniper rifles cant see the bullet hitting the ground either in the distance it is so small
    Last edited by fhil; Jul 9 2009 at 08:32.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    yeah, sometimes it's damn near impossible to see where your bullets hit in Arma2...at least in Arma you could see the impacts fairly easily. I'm sure some "special effects" mod makers will make it a little more defined

Case: CoolerMaster HAF-922
    MoBo: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
    PSU: Corsair HX 750w
    CPU: AMD FX 8320 Vishera @ 4.6 GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair DDR3 1333
    GPU: Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB
    Display: 1920x1080
    Audio: On-board AC'97 w/ Sony 5.1 surround

Quote Originally Posted by fhil View Post
    something that has always bothered me since OFP is the effect of when bullets hit the ground(the dust/dirt rising from the bullet energy impact). some of them are to small IMO especially on the larger calibre guns and just feel weak.

some examples where i defn feel it is way to small and can even hurt gameplay is when shooting the chopper mounted guns such as the m134 minigun. the impact effect is so small i cant even see where my bullets are hitting the ground when high in the chopper

sniper rifles cant see the bullet hitting the ground either in the distance it is so small
    The M134 is a 7.62, the thing is it fires 2000 round per minute, and has evrey 5th round a tracer so you get this spectacular stream of lead, witch i failed to notice in arma2
    Its also so fucking stiff!!!!! I cant keep it on a vehicle while the chopper flys by cuz its so slow to move

NOOOoooo I hated that in ArmA when bullets hit the ground to see that stupid dust kick that goes several feet up into the air.

The dust kick in ArmA2 seem fine to me.

ChaplainDMK: I agree that the mounted weapons like on the choppers are damped way too much.

Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by fhil View Post

Yes... it really needs a bigger bullet puff.. i have a .22 pistol and a semi-auto AK47, both of their dust puffs are about the same height and size when i shoot them at the same angle into the ground, both of their puffs are about 1 foot high.

In moist, Chernarussian soil?

And the sound of detonation on the explosive rounds needs to be louder, as with the 30mm fired from this A-10

YouTube video of A-10 Strafing Run

And the ZU-23 and ZSU gun-shot reports should be MUCH louder. From what I can gather, they sound like small artillery guns in rapid-fire. I believe that we got a chance to hear some during the "Shock and Awe".

YouTube video of Shock and Awe

I believe the "ripping noise" is a ZSU and the slower full-auto noise is a ZU-23. Just guessing, based on combined cyclic rates of each system. And we're hearing it from a considerable distance!
    One of the OFP "Veterans"

Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
    In moist, Chernarussian soil?
    No, but i did it about 5-6 hours after it rained so it was muddy.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    I don't want huge clouds of dirt; just something a little more noticeable. Whenever I go shooting, you can usually see dirt clumps or grass or something that lets you know where you hit; but since monitors don't simulate the resolution of the human eye, I think we need something to compensate

Sound effects are preaty cheap in ArmA2
    And M134 miniguns should realy be more impressive
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyF0G...eature=related
    I mean, you just cant get a better "eat lead" moment then that stream of red tracers comming from the chopper...
    You could make duke nukems jaw drop with that.

Note:
    The big dust puffs are cuz this is done in the desert: fine sand thats light so it makes bigger puffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast