Sign in to follow this  
MPBR

Req: Help with basic editor / maybe issue - getin related

Hi all,

Hoping I can get pointed in the right direction here, either to let me know I have missed something or that its a know problem (Tried searching on my problem but did not really find anything that has helped).

Been working on a mission and found the issue below, so running just in utes atm as a test bed with a very simple mission to reproduce the problem.

EDIT: initaly the heli was to be a UAZ, I only useing heli as example but all second vehices seem to have this issue.

OK, situation.

I have say 2 empty vehicals, 1 x armour 1 x trasport heli (in testing second vehical makes no difference).

2 x groups (1 x group for tank, 1 x group for heli).

Make some waypoints and get each group to head towards and get in respective vehical, works great no problems.

I then want the group in the tank to drive over closer to the heli and get out, Again no problems all good.

The Tank crew are then to get into the second vehical...now we have a problem...:(

The tank crew head towards the synced waypoint, and then turn around and head back to the tank and get in.

Tried a few different things and different types of waypoints all find the same result.

Now, I have not used nor dived into scripts as yet, just started to use inti fileds etc, but I am nit sure if they can help me out here.

Has anyone encountered this before or have any suggestions on how to get units to be able to get into 1 vehical, move around a bit, get out and then into a different vehical ?

Any help or pointers mucho appreaticated .

Group One: GET IN waypoint at HMMWV, GET OUT waypoint 10m from MTVR, GET IN waypoint next to MTVR.

Group Two: GET IN waypoint on MTVR, LOAD waypoint a few meters away, MOVE waypoint down the road.

Synchronize the Group One's 2nd GET IN waypoint to the Group Two's LOAD waypoint.

Group Two will run to the MTVR, start the engine and wait. Group One will run to the HMMWV, get in, drive to the MTVR, get out, get in the MTVR, then Group Two drives away with everyone inside.

I'd thought you might need an unassignVehicle unit, but at least in my test I didn't.

Yep, thats how I thought it should go.

Fresh start as your example and had some strange results...

On a few occasions:

GP1 would just run through the HMMWV.

GP2 would run up to the MTVR and just stand there looking at it.

Closed A2 right down, started again and got it to work in the test enviroment.

Went back to mission and re-checked WP's and commands etc

3 crew would exit tank, run over to UAZ, 1 would enter other 2 would run back to the tank.

Will clear and re-do that part of mission and see how it goes.

Thanks for clearing up that it should work however.:). was started to make me question myself :confused:.

Yeah, waypoints make me cry sometimes. Something that'll work perfectly, will suddenly stop working once you fix your "last problem". :)