Mouse Lag 2 - Return of the Mouse Lag

Do you experience mouse lag?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Do you experience mouse lag?

• Yes, it's particularly bad
    • Yes,a little bit but I cope
    • No, not at all

@markushaze

That's exactly what mouse smoothing is for! It improves accuracy with small movements, while still being able to turn around when you move your mouse faster.

This is good if your mouse isnt very accurate or 'low res', but it makes quickly switching targets much harder because it'll 'overshoot' the target because you moved your mouse fast. This is why people complain about it being so hard to aim in this game. Why BIS thinks this has anything to do with mouseLAG is beyond me though. But ill have to try out the patch before I pass judgement on it ;)

The solution for you though is to either: 1. Turn your sensitivity down (try both in windows and in game) 2. Buy a better mouse (1000dpi and up) or 3. turn mouse smoothing back on and learn to aim with it.. Each option has its obvious downside(s).

Hello Community.

well i didn't hope to have ro post here, because in arma 2 patch 1.03 ( not the beta one )

mouse control was just fine.

Now in the beta build, with "mouse smoothing disabled" it feel like i cant aim correctly anymore.

it was explained in another thread by another user as well.

The mouse seems to skip pixels.

i don`t know how else to explain it.

i will defiantly play with "mouse smoothing enabled" if there is an option for it.

anyone else with similar experiences?

You have to lower your sensitivity, and if you wish to play with a higher sensitivity, then you must get a proper gaming mouse with nice DPI. Cheap market mice have low 400dpi resolution which obviously isn't enough. You'll aim million times better with a good dpi mouse and no smoothing.

The disabled smoothing fix has worked 100% for me, I had to pretty much half the sensitivity 'cause it was that much more responsive. Now my cursor moves where I want it to instantly, not 1/4sec later :D.

Using G9 + specs below.

The disabled smoothing fix has worked 100% for me, I had to pretty much half the sensitivity 'cause it was that much more responsive. Now my cursor moves where I want it to instantly, not 1/4sec later :D.

Using G9 + specs below.

Same here mouse has no lag delay in forests, large firefights, scoped into scrubs etc. very pleased with the mouse smoothing change.

My mouse lags for about a quarter of a second before responding to movement. Just like the plethora of youtube videos like this one:

And this one:

My framerate is fine, it just lags the mouse.

My mouse lags for about a quarter of a second before responding to movement. Just like the plethora of youtube videos like this one:

And this one:

My framerate is fine, it just lags the mouse.

then use the latest Bpatch and set the option to off or on in your .cfg

I notice some of the mouse lag effect relates to the weapon aiming speed restriction.

Look at the little dot ' in the middle of your rifle HUD sight. Notice it is far more responsive than the rest of the sight. The \ / parts. If you move your mouse quickly with vertical movement, your main sight stays almost still while the little dot moves smoothly up and down. So there is weapon aiming lag built into the game code, even with mouse smoothing disabled. (Note that floating weapon or dead zone is disabled also.)

You pretty much have to aim slowly. I have not checked if large weapons like the missile launchers, or prone position slows aiming further.

Notice that horizontal movement is also slow, but there the little dot does not catch up in the horizontal direction. It might have been nicer to have instant aim like other FPSers but have a lagging real aim point OR a widening aim indicator to show decreased accuracy until stabilized.

To bad we cant patch the demo i would like to try the mouse patch :(

The lagging aim point is annoying , maybe keep it like other shooters.

Like when you move to fast or stand the crosshair is bigger and if you crouch / prone / move slow or stop it get smaller