I know that there already exist some threads on this problem like the “Radiosound + Mouse Lag Problem“ which discuss the mouse lag in ArmAII. I’ve read all 25 pages and it is really hard to get clear overview what cause this problem.
I’m also having these kinds of mouse lags since ArmAI and it is really annoying! With these mouse lags it takes a lot of time to target enemies, and this is really unacceptable for such kind of games where fast reaction is everything!
Short description of the lag:
- It has nothing to do with float zone or other options, so it is a “bug” in the engine!
- If you move your mouse it takes some time until the game reacts.
- You can see it in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xryLypk7I9c&fmt=18
Here are some facts I found out on this problem:
- The lag appears on both games (ArmAI and ArmAII)
- The lag appears on every OS which is able to run the game (WinXP, Win Vista, Win7)
- Better framerate reduce the lag ( playing with <40fps is horrible )
-> so everything which does effect framerate, effects the lag (e.g. VSync, resolution, … )
- Reduce maximum pre-rendered frames also reduce the lag
- Changing CPU clock speed to lower values sometimes reduce this lag though it also reduce framerate
- Adding graphic effects in low resolutions which do not change framerate, increase the lag
- Set the processor affinity to only one core drastically reduce framerate but lag disappears nearly completely
It seems to be some kind of timing or synchronization problem because I can dramatically reduce this lag by executing the ArmAII and ArmAI process on only one CPU core. Additionally it must be hardware related because some people didn’t seem to have this kind of problem.
This vote should help BIS developers to find out what hardware configuration cause this problem.
So if you have this problem please vote what kind of system you have.
If you are able to reduce the lag please tell us how you did it and what system specs you have.
It also would be very nice if someone of the BIS devs tell us if they already know what cause this problem and if it is possible to fix it in one of the upcoming patches.
Thank you all!
AMD Athlon 64 X2 + Geforce 7900