Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Anger

Team Deathmatch

One thing I liked was the fact that ArmA 2 gves folks the ability to create a Team Deathmatch session using the New Wizard options. I experienced this in the Demo and saw folks hosting 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12 filling up on this gametype.

I was wondering if there was someone who knew the files that make up this gametype. If I go to create a TDM session it saves in my doc folder, but is a call to internal files in the game so I don't see any .pbo mission reference to go off of.

If I don't get any good constructive responses I may revert to the TDM maps I made in ArmA 1, but I was hoping to take a more formal approach with this new ArmA 2 version. Thanks in advance :)

What are you asking, exactly? If you are asking to be able to add things to a TDM template, as in, open the template in the editor and not the wizard, you will need to unPBO the missions.pbo file in the root directory for the game using an PBO tool that can be found easily on google. Once extracted, load the associated files into a folder and stick that folder into your documents folder where it saves your editor missions.

I did this to reverse engineer that Utes CTF template and add to it.

Edited by Eclipse4349

Indeed, confused about your intentions I am.

(as well as bored enough to reply to this)

Edit: It's lunchtime... YAY!

Once you un-PBO the mission template and load it into the editor, you will be able to do whatever you want to it. The Wizard will allow you to add some things, like vehicles (no repawns for them) or ammo crates or more units, and rearrange the base locations and boundaries, but for anything else you will likely need the editor. Unless I don't know of some features in the Wizard.

Edited by Eclipse4349