Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

CBA: Community Base Addons public release!

helo

when i try to connect to a server i get a popup that says i need a server key for:

cba_arrays.pbo

common.pbo

diagnostic

events

and i can only find 1 server key in the map keys "CBA_v0-1-3.bikey"

greets mordor

same here.. but others on our team have no issues?!

very confusing for me.

helo

when i try to connect to a server i get a popup that says i need a server key for:

cba_arrays.pbo

common.pbo

diagnostic

events

and i can only find 1 server key in the map keys "CBA_v0-1-3.bikey"

Just a thought - could it be that the server still has the old, 0.1.2 server key ("CBA_v0-1-2.bikey") in the Keys folder? To allow players using CBA v0.1.3, a server owner needs to copy the "CBA_v0-1-3.bikey" into the "Keys" folder on the server.

(In practice, it is quite possible to make a server allow both CBA 0.1.2 and 0.1.3 by having both .bikey files in the server's Keys folder, but that's probably not desirable.)

at least for me.. the keys and the files are all good on the server.

i don't think its cba.. because i can't get on the keyed server with anything except stock arma.. and everyone else is with no problems.

thought maybe it was my version of arma.. nextway.. but i found some to test it and they had no problem at all.

A bit slow here but just wanted to say thank you for the update!

/KC

once installed CAA1 not working

sorry my bad

it was space in flir

Edited by Alpha9

hi everyone i am trying to ad a add on called lost key but it says i need community based add ons so i downloaded it and put the main folder in my arma2 main directory(C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\CBA_v0-1-3) but it still says i need extended event handlers????? so i need to know where this file is located in CBA_V0 - 1 - 3 folder and where to put it:butbut:

First, follow the CBA installation steps and simply copy the @CBA folder from the CBA archive into your ArmA II folder. You'll end up with

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CBA

Next, install the Lost Key mod folder in the same way, and you'll have a folder named "@lk" in your ArmA II folder aswell:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@lk

Finally, add the two mod folders to your ArmA II shortcut launch parameters:

-mod=@CBA;@lk

Edited by Killswitch

HI guys

I know there was a problem with CBA early on that would cause alot of stalling in the game. I know that was mostly fixed but when I use this mod I think Im still losing Framerate. Any other known issues being looked at or should I look closer at my setup. thanks for the update.

Edit : Wrong topic.

Edited by Kr3v

HI guys

I know there was a problem with CBA early on that would cause alot of stalling in the game. I know that was mostly fixed but when I use this mod I think Im still losing Framerate. Any other known issues being looked at or should I look closer at my setup. thanks for the update.

Hi gunterlund! There are no known performance issues with CBA v0.1.3 at this time. That doesn't mean there isn't a problem though - try to find a setup (minimal set of addons) that exhibits the problem you're experiencing and I/we can try reproducing it on our side. It could be a CBA problem or a problem with an addon that makes use of CBA. Either way, if it can be reproduced, we may be able to solve the problem.

I wonder if a question can be answered: if I use the PostInit eventhandler, does the associated code get executed on ALL machines?

I wonder if a question can be answered: if I use the PostInit eventhandler, does the associated code get executed on ALL machines?
Yes, PostInit handlers, (just like PreInit handlers) are executed (once) on all machines. However, read on... :-)

Advanced uses

With XEH for ArmA II, you can actually limit Extended Init event handlers (be they PreInit, PostInit or normal Init EH:s) to either just the server or just the client by way of a new feature with these three XEH event classes. You can create an "inner class" within for example the Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers class and use one of the three entries init, serverInit and clientInit to make the Pre/Post/normal Init event handlers execute on either all machines, the server or just the clients. (Yes, code in a "init" entry within such an inner class will be equivalent to not having an inner class at all.

I think an example best describes this advanced use:

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers
{
   // This one will be run once on ALL machines
   KLS_MyAddon_PreInit="...code goes here..." 

/*  In order to have client- or server-only pre-init snippets,
    *  put them in a inner class like the one below. The class itself
    *  can be called anything, but try to think of a unique name so as 
    *  to not conflict with other addon makers using the same feature.
    */
   class KLS_MyAddon_PreInits
   {
       // Like the normal preinit above, this one runs on all machines
       init = "...code here...";

// This code will be executed once and only on the server
       // (dedicated server or "hosted" server)
       serverInit = "...server-only code goes here...";

// This snippet runs once and only on client machines
       clientInit = "...client-only code here...";
   };
};

Edited by Killswitch

i'm only suppose to move the .pbo files to the @CBA/addons? what about the .hpp files?

i have an error loading one mod that depends on CBA "event handler error"

i'm only suppose to move the .pbo files to the @CBA/addons? what about the .hpp files?
You install CBA by copying the contents of @CBA/addons within the archive to a folder @CBA/addons in your ArmA II folder. You'll need both the .pbo files and the .bisign files.

The CBA archive (.zip or .7z, whicever you prefer) has a mod folder within it named "@CBA" that you can use as is. Any .hpp files in the CBA archive are part of the "source" folder, which is only for reference and those interested in how CBA works (the source folder contains the source code of CBA)

Here's the structure of the v 0.1.3 CBA archive:

CBA_v0-1-3/
   @CBA/                        <--- this whole folder (@CBA and addons) goes
        addons/                      into your ArmA II folder.

docs/                        <-- documenation you can read.

keys/                        <-- this folder contains the server key
                                    that MP server admins  can use.

source/                      <-- source code of the CBA addons. Not used,
                                    but may be of interest to coders.

CBA_v0-1-3_README.txt        <-- The readme file

i have an error loading one mod that depends on CBA "event handler error"
Make sure to edit your ArmA II shortcut to load both the mod itself and CBA aswell. Edit the -mod startup parameters to look something like this:

-mod=@CBA;SomeModHere

Edited by Killswitch

CBA addon is not compatible with latest ARMA2 version (1.04)!

You're replacing Functions module init.sqf with your own init_functionsmodule.sqf! While original file was updated, the one in CBA stays old. To ensure forward compatibility and prevent unintended errors, please find cleaner solution than altering official files.

Same for another files you're altering, if there are any.

CBA addon is not compatible with latest ARMA2 version (1.04)!

You're replacing Functions module init.sqf with your own init_functionsmodule.sqf! While original file was updated, the one in CBA stays old. To ensure forward compatibility and prevent unintended errors, please find cleaner solution than altering official files.

Same for another files you're altering, if there are any.

Thanks for the headsup.

I've updated the script to reflect the 1.04 changes.

Once time permits we will re-evaluate the method used.

Unable to cook up a proper release atm.

If anyone would like to use the fixed code right away,

please remove current @CBA installation, and fetch the latest version through my Rsync Updater. (Documentation)

(If you'd like a QuickStart, unpack the archive, put this file in the Updater folder, run setup.exe and pick option 2, press ENTER)

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the Update Process but looks rather involved, do you have a Yoma URL that we could use instead and have it take care of all this?

Thanks

Thanks for the Update Process but looks rather involved, do you have a Yoma URL that we could use instead and have it take care of all this?

Thanks

Please, for the time being, use the quickstart method described in the previous post.