Sign in to follow this  
jepaul

Arma 2 Has Stopped Working

Since I don't get any fixes from my other post I figure I would start 2 threads and double my chances of getting a reply.

After 10-20 minutes of playing with out fail my game totally crashes to desktop and it says.

"ArmA 2 Has Stopped Working"

That's it. Nothing else.

I have an

I7 920

Vista 64

6 Gig

Sadly I have absolutely no life with little else to do here but continue to start threads asking for a fix to a game that I was told would run fine on my computer. A simple reply from Bohemia telling me to fuck of will be fine. A reply saying we are working on your issue and there is currently no fix will be fine also. A reply saying we are currently working on your issue is not ok.

I have the same rig, other than Windows 7 installed. I just wanted to say that I have the same exact, vague problem, and would like some assurance as well. I also haven't a life. Women never liked me very much, so i spend all my money on systems that cannot play Bohemia Interactive games. Ironically, Bohemia Interactive games are the only games I enjoy playing.

Thanks, thanks a lot.

i7 920

evga 295

6gb memory

Windows 7 64bit build 7100

Nvidia 182.50 drivers installed (tried newest ones too)

So I woke up this moring hoping, in fact praying, that my some miracle someone had posted some sort of solution.

Alas, nothing, not soe much as a fuck you from anyone.

Can we please have a seperate forum for people who can't even get the fucking game to work? A lot of the crap in this troubleshooting is stuff like, AI sees to well, my joy stick needs tweaking. Well to be honest fuck off from the TS section at least you can run the game. How about giving us guys a chance to have our posts read.

Again, unfortunately my social life sucks and I will spend the majority of the day playing WC3 tower wars on one monitor and bumping this thread on another.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Shit no answers over here either. Maybe a third thread would help. At least until an admin tell me to stop. Then at least I would know they care.

Well I shouldn't say no answers on the other thread either. I'm at least getting people trying to help but in the end it all comes down to my rig runs every other possible game out there on every possible setting with no crashes. Maybe not the best fps but no crashes. Arma 2 crashes. I guess I could say that every other game out there is fucked up and has bugs that allow them to run on my fucked up rig but for some reason I can't help but think maybe all the other games are correct and there is actually, i know this is hard to believe, something wrong with Arma 2 that causes peoples pc's to crash over and over.

Edited by jepaul

ive started to get that "Arma2 has stopped working" crap, most of the time its when im previewing a mission in the editor... or actaully in the editor, although it only did it once.

im on amd 9600 phenom, 8Gb ram, bfg 880gtx oc, vista home premium 64x

Did you try looking on the crash details?

What was the faulty module?

Also don't forget to submit the report - BIS employees said they actually do receive the data from MS.

Dead I have the same issues over and over as Jepaul.

Where do I find the faulty module information?

Dear Toxin,

Thank you for your $50 donation to Bohemia tech support. We will strive to use yourmoney to better the community and further our developement of Arma 3 due for release in 2012.

Yours always,

Bohemia

So I wake up this morning after a playing a little bit last night. Did my litle nvidia upgrade and all that and

BBOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!

"ARMA 2 HAS STOPPED WORKING" Well no fucking shit Arma 2 has stopped workg since i'm looking at my desk top. I also bit the dumbass up at Bohemia still haven't taken the time to even respond to my threads with a simple FUCK YOU stop flameing the forums!!!!

Not a sinlge fucking thing. It is a damn shame that the state of PC games atm is that I really don't care to play anything else and sitting here bitching about a game I paid $50 and can't run on my PC is about as entertaining as it gets.

Ok, time to go off and bump my other thread.

Maybe you should go outside for awhile. The graphics are great, and reality rarely crashes.

Bohemia still haven't taken the time to even respond to my threads with a simple FUCK YOU stop flameing the forums!!!!

Because they are adults working in a business. Your social life must really suck mate for sure. many ways to vent, but your way isnt the right way.

Did you try looking on the crash details?

What was the faulty module?

Also don't forget to submit the report - BIS employees said they actually do receive the data from MS.

Thanks for the info, I see the problem lies in xxx and therefore it could be xxx causing the crashes.

(xxx is where useful information would lie if the user instead of whining all over the forums actually cooperated. Troubleshooting requires effort from both of the sides, get that into your head.)

jepaul,

I see you prefer to whine that it's not working, rather than helping us to help you. Maybe that's why you've received so few replies.

For what it's worth I started having a similar problem yesterday. Everytime I got into the middle of Elektrozavodsk in Evolution (it was that or Domination) I started to get graphical glitches and the game stopped working (in Win 7 x64). Changing the video memory from default to very high fixed it for me. No idea why as it had been working fine previously.

Only a suggestion as I understand the 295 has not been working reliably in Arma 2 having read all the posts from unhappy owners.

If that doesn't help then I suggest you take Deadfast's advice and give us more information to work on ;)

P

Heh, maybe if he took some of his ample free time (instead of playing tower wars and bumping his threads for attention) he'd have seen the sticky detailing crashes and lockups (that's been up there since release) explaining where to find error details and who to send them to for help solving the issue.

The tantrum approach works too, I guess...

If you are referring to the three items that I need to open and upload i am well aware of those but no where in there does it say "faulty module" so where do I find the faulty module?

I'm not sure about Jepaul but I've searched through those files many times trying to find the script "faulty module". Am I missing it?

So youre saying if we upload those files we will get a fix? I read all those post on there and quite a few guys have already upload files that are using 295's just like jepual and I and are getting the same errors?

Should I go ahead an upload mine as well for redundance sake?

I will say though in Jepaul's defense you guys that seem to have all this patience with Boh can say that alot easier seeing as how your game actually works. Mine, and I assume Jepaul's still, doesnt even work and thus I can't play the game. So really the only option I have is to come on here every few hours and post. Fortuanantly I heva a little more going on in my life than Jepaul apparently but still enough time to ruffle some feathers with the hope of finding a solution.

Edited by Toxin

Send it in. The more info they get on the issue, the sooner it will be resolved. No, you won't magically get a fix as soon as you click send and upload it. Issues take time to resolve. They need information to resolve them. Your errors may be slightly different than those produced by someone else with the same problem. The reports might help isolate the cause.

As to Jepaul, if he simply demands some sort of recognition he'll at least get some automated response from tech support telling him "thanks for reporting your issue". It's more than he'll get throwing tantrums on the forums (the mods will eventually grow tired of it and put a stop to him).

Thanks for the info, I see the problem lies in xxx and therefore it could be xxx causing the crashes.

(xxx is where useful information would lie if the user instead of whining all over the forums actually cooperated. Troubleshooting requires effort from both of the sides, get that into your head.)

Well where the hell is xxx.

I will be absolutely amazed if by some crazy account the solution to all these issues has been lying within my log. So, for you guys with apparently nothing else to do except get mad at flamers on the boards while actually PLAYING the game could you please read through these and fix what apparently is only an issue on my computer and none of the other hundreds of people just like me who have already posted this.

Have at it...

http://rapidshare.com/files/253530876/Arma_2_Errors.rar.html

Heh, maybe if he took some of his ample free time (instead of playing tower wars and bumping his threads for attention) he'd have seen the sticky detailing crashes and lockups (that's been up there since release) explaining where to find error details and who to send them to for help solving the issue.

The tantrum approach works too, I guess...

Lock ups? Crashes? What are you talking about. I have already said, on numerous post (Guess I can start some more) that with out fail the game simply crashes to desktop and says "Arma 2 Has Stopped Working" that is all it says. It doesn't only do it when I fire, or when I'm driving, or when I'm flying, or in a town, or in the water, or in a field, or on a road, and I also well not eat it on a place, or on a train, or in the god damn raid, I hate green eggs and ham i am.

It always crashes. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Unfortunately I am in no ways nearing as computer literate as the rest of you because if I was I could surely identify a repeatable problem and make the necessary ajustments while waiting for a long term solution. Unfortunately these crashes are TOTALLY FUCKING RANDOM and happen with out fail regardless of what I am doing with no sort of error to help reverse engineer.

Fix me ole wize one...

http://rapidshare.com/files/253530876/Arma_2_Errors.rar.html

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

jepaul,

I see you prefer to whine that it's not working, rather than helping us to help you. Maybe that's why you've received so few replies.

For what it's worth I started having a similar problem yesterday. Everytime I got into the middle of Elektrozavodsk in Evolution (it was that or Domination) I started to get graphical glitches and the game stopped working (in Win 7 x64). Changing the video memory from default to very high fixed it for me. No idea why as it had been working fine previously.

Only a suggestion as I understand the 295 has not been working reliably in Arma 2 having read all the posts from unhappy owners.

If that doesn't help then I suggest you take Deadfast's advice and give us more information to work on ;)

P

Lt. Sir please let me know what you are waiting on to begin helping me?

yeah, you're really going to get a fast response by cussing at the developers and being a general asshole to people trying to help...good luck with that

yeah, you're really going to get a fast response by cussing at the developers and being a general asshole to people trying to help...good luck with that

+1

It's boring reading his posts

I figured cussing and being an idiot would at least get me banned and or posts deleted which is basically what I am going for as then I would know they are at least reading these.

Maybe you should go outside for awhile. The graphics are great, and reality rarely crashes.

EL OH EL! :D

It crashed for I singer whom I wont mention his/her name...

Someone tell jepaul and me -for when I get my ArmA2- if their is a crash dump file and where it's located.

I figured cussing and being an idiot would at least get me banned and or posts deleted which is basically what I am going for as then I would know they are at least reading these.

You do realize moderators != developers though?

Anyway, good luck with your effort ;)

Yet another thread closed and another user banned by the Tastiest Moderator On The Forum.

Closing.