Sign in to follow this  
JamesKeenan

Arma 2 Steam Demo Accuracy problem

So I got the Steam Demo.

I really liked the look, and I LOVED the idea of the Editor, but I'm having a problem.

The game starts off, and the crosshair is already jumping around pretty noticeably. I was instantly :eek::391::mad::(:hang:

If that gets my point across.

As time goes by it gets worse, and then, when I get shot, it's going everywhere.

I thought that maybe this was just a simulation feature.

But it turns out it's "FADE," a copy protection feature.

So... what the hell? How is it activated on a demo? And what do I need to do to fix it?

Or am I incompetent, and it's actually a game feature?

I think it's pretty realistic that when you're getting shot, your aim isn't too great.

Try right-click when you want to shoot more accurately. A friend of mine complained about the demo too till he discovered the use of sights with right-click.

Try going prone then firing. Fade shouldn't be in the demo plus fade doesn't make your crosshair jump, it makes it so when you aim perfectly at a target (crosshair not moving) your bullet still flies off somewhere else

Thanks, guys.

I'm perfectly fine with it being just part of the game.

It's when I thought I had magically triggered copy protection on the demo that I was a bit... confused.

aim with sights and then hold down right mouse button to hold your breath before shooting to get a really accurate shot...

As for fade on the demo, i agree.... omgwtf?