Sign in to follow this  
Uzii

Can tanks be rearmed?

In a mission I've added some tanks with zero ammo, and an ammo truck near by, to rearm it, just like A1. But for the life of me I cannot work out how its done. I've tried; Same side tank and ammo vehicles, empty and occupied, T-90, T-72, and the Abrams... none of which work. And its not how close I am... I'm practically ramming them, and trying it from every possible angle. Did they take this out in A2, or have I missed something?

Also, I did search, but it was fruitless.

Did you get out of tank and into ammo truck? I'm not sure that is necessary though. I thought you just drive right up to truck and it starts rearming/repairing/refueling...

EDIT - i just jumped in editor with an M1A1 and USMC ammo truck and it rearmed for me while I was still in tank. It works for me at least with those vehicles, I didn't try anything else. Maybe it has something to do with starting it with zero ammo... hopefully someone from mission editing will provide more assistance than me.

Edited by Mosh
more info

Mmmh... if i remember well, tanks do not rearm if totally out of ammo, but do rearm if they got some ammo left.

Mmmh... if i remember well, tanks do not rearm if totally out of ammo, but do rearm if they got some ammo left.

This still seems to be the case unfortunately.

Ah, right, that would explain it. Adding to a vehicles ammo if they are totally empty seems to be a real trouble, even setvehicleammo 1 doesn't work if its completely empty, but setting it to zero works fine. How strange. Thanks for the replies.