Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Add "LAND", "Up" and "Down" actions to command menu

I know you can script it in the editor with radio triggers, but I always found really weird that you cannot order a chopper to land somewhere.

How hard would it be for BIS to add a new action in the command menu ?

The only way I found without triggers is to order the pilot to disembark...

TAt last, while playing with the UAV I really appreciated the ability to order the UAV to go Up or Down. Would it be possible to generalize the system to any kind of chopper ?

thanks in advance.

I've wanted to be able to change FlyInHeight through the command menu during missiontime since OFP. It would be really nice.

nice suggestion, the only command for getting choppa down is dissembarking, and thats clearly stupid... if you could just order him a like a "LOAD" waypoint, to fly near ground until you get in.

If you had control over FlyInHeight you could set it to 0m or 1m and that would basically be a landing.

Yes, currently you can only order the pilot to "disembark" or create a radio trigger with "flyinheight". It's not very intuitive to have to resort to the radio for such a basic task.

I have hope, because with the UAV you can order to go up and down (page up, page down) within a certain limits. Maybe they can extend the system...