Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

New ArmA 2 Animations?

I was wondering how you make the AI perform (what I presume to be) the new Switch/PlayMove animations for ArmA 2?

Like, for example:

The ones playing during the speech(es) done by assorted officers in the Red Harvest campaign, as well as those used in the "Oh no, we've been captured by the Chedaki!" -cutscene in one of the earlier levels, plus the death animation of the CDF officer in the intro mission, for example.

The reason I'm asking here, is that I've been looking through the ArmA2: Moves -section, (and even the ArmA: Moves -section, just in case.), in the Biki, and I haven't been able to find anything resembling any of the animations used in the ArmA 2 cutscenes at all... :confused:

Okay, that's officially the most awesome thing I've ever seen. Thanks a lot. :)

This tool is a pain in the arse! There are soooooooooooo many animations, how are you supposed to happen across the one you are looking for?

(I am looking for a surrender animation at the moment, just a simple hands on head, but looking through this animation viewer is a GREAT pain in the arse.)

Don't use it then,and don't find the animation you want... simples :)

I was kind of hoping someone could suggest an easy way to use it or a better way....

There isn't really, apart from direstly asking someone for the animation name.

I find just trawling through the animations I find good ones I didn't know about, and add things to my missions from that.

I was kind of hoping someone could suggest an easy way to use it or a better way....
there is the SEARCH function on the forum top of page, in wich will contain probably hundreds of threads with exact same question and many have the answer.

There is definitely at least one thread that has the answer to that question. I know because I answered it.

Hint: Search for 'surrender'.

This tool is a pain in the arse! There are soooooooooooo many animations, how are you supposed to happen across the one you are looking for?

The fact that there are soooooooooooo many animations is not the fault of the animation viewer. :p

And while you're searching..... the viewer has a build in SEARCH function. Here is a list with animation titles.

Use it and you shall find. ;)

Does the search only work if you search for something like 'Amov'? It never worked for me.

Yes, you have to search for an actual animation name (or part of it). Searching for 'Surrender' will not work, searching for 'Ssur' does.

But if you understand how the animation names are put together (see list I linked above), it's quite easy to find what you're looking for.

Oh, and CBA is required for the search function to work properly. ;)