Sign in to follow this  
sgtskywalker

The best video games.

Hello, I did this topic so we could talk about the best video games we ever played. Like me, my favorite game is The Elders Scrolls IV Oblivion. It's one of the best RPG I have ever played and I still play it.:cool:

My favourite of all time is probably Deus Ex. Combines just the right blend of RPG and FPS... fast paced yet it really draws you in. There's a bunch of other brilliant games I've played down the years, Rogue Spear and Hidden & Dangerous were other favourites of mine.

List of the best games from the top of my head (in no particular order):

• OFP
  • Deus Ex
  • MGS series
  • Mafia

I have no best game in mind, so in no particular order.

Hidden&Dangerous 1&2, Ofp, Raven Shield, Morrovind, Deus ex, Diablo2 ect..

Blow of heart for Goldeneye, the two Zelda on N64 and Shogo :inlove: on Pc which was my favorite when I was 10 years old, also Giant Citizen Kabuto the single game capable of making me cry from laughing at every cutscene and Freespace 1&2 great space shooter.

Edited by dunedain

Operation Flashpoint - Cold War Crisis.

Vietcong.

I really loved the two games above but OPF had far more value.

I once imagined Vietcong combined with OPF's scale, day/night cycle, a.i, mission editor, ballistics, etc. VC was a really nice game but it was powered by a not so formidable graphics engine.. but the execution and atmosphere was very nice.

OFP:CWC,RH and Resistance

ARMA1

ARMA2

Ghost Recon (Original)

Rainbow Six series upto Ravenshield

SEAL Team (an old classic)

In order of appearence:

Underwurlde

Elite

Dungeon Master

The Secret of Monkey Island

Civilization

Wings

History Line: 1914-1918

Panzer General

Deus Ex

No One Lives Forever

and finally the last but not the least

Operation Flashpoint

Hello, I did this topic so we could talk about the best video games we ever played. Like me, my favorite game is The Elders Scrolls IV Oblivion. It's one of the best RPG I have ever played and I still play it.:cool:

Poor guy.

SEAL TEAM

Mafia

H&D

Hitman: Codename 47

SWAT3

OFP

America's Army 1.0 to 1.2

Vietcong

Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (the original rocked too ofcourse but RS added so much more: leaning, sniper support, replay mode, etc)

Hidden and Dangerous 1/2 (without a doubt the best WW2 games out there, together with Red Orchestra)

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Operation Flashpoint

Gothic 1/2

It's funny how two pages into a list of everyone's favourite games of all time, nobody has mentioned half life yet :p

Oh crap, for some reason i forgot to mention Battlezone!

Not the first Battlezone but one that was made later, which was the most perfect combination of FPS and RTS to date, bar none!

My favourite of all time is probably Deus Ex. Combines just the right blend of RPG and FPS... fast paced yet it really draws you in. There's a bunch of other brilliant games I've played down the years, Rogue Spear and Hidden & Dangerous were other favourites of mine.

Ditto. Rollercoaster Tycoon was a great game also.

Oh crap, for some reason i forgot to mention Battlezone!

Indeed I forgot it too, both Battlezone from Activision were something huge, in the same genre Urban Assault was really cool too.

It's funny how two pages into a list of everyone's favourite games of all time, nobody has mentioned half life yet :p

Personnaly I don't deny that first Half Life was one of the best gaming experience I ever had, but I've put here only games I'm nostalgic for and it's kind of hard to be nostalgic when you still play this game, its sequels and their mods, after 11 years. :)

Edited by dunedain

Some of my all time favorites.

PC Games:

Interstate 76

Age of Empires II

OFP

System Shock

No One Lives Forever

Evil Genius

Raven Shield

TES: Oblivion

Mount & Blade

Lock On: Modern Air Combat

1. Baldur's Gate 1, SoA and ToB

2. Baldur's Gate 1, SoA and ToB

3. OFP

4. ArmA (2)

5. Jagged Alliance 2

6. Harvester (Hmm, yes, sick stuff)

Most of it is heavily modded :)

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

command & conquer 1 story, gameplay, music, sounds, the epic saga of Command & conquer starts to unfold and a short insight into the mysterious Nod faction and GdI's struggle to defend the world against Nod and the fight to either release or contain the toxic alien crystall tiberium

Ofp story, gameplay, mp, editor

Half-life story, gameplay even though some pussles made me scream :D mods like day of defeat, and firearms mod and sven co-op & counter-strike pre 1.3 before they removed the funny maps and removed vehicles.

Worms gameplay, mp

red alert, same as c&c 1, story ect.

Team fortress 2 old school mp teamdeathmatch mp revived.

Ace combat 2 one of the best flight games I played, it may be to arcadey to some of the people on these boards but it was a great game and had tons of cool aircrafts and a very well balanced campaign.

Desert strike a old school chopper 3rd person game, was made for both Pc and consoles like sega 16 bit and super nintendo :D

One of the first games I played where things like refueling and rearming and repairing your vehicle made you think twice before you went head to head with the enemies.

Civilization 4 pretty awesome game that takes the old games and refines them even more and adds better graphics and more features.

civ is one of the most challenging games I played, took me 3 weeks of playing almost until I figured out how to win a game against the computer :D

Transport tycoon so simple yet so difficult game and sometimes very addictive as civ and Ofp/arma.

Edited by Commando84
backstory, description

I never learned to love Battlezone2, like I did the first. How could I forget Battlezone.

Half life... I think after the great intro in the worker shuttle, it kind of went downhill. A very important game, but I didn't think the action parts were that extraordinary.

The main problem with Half Life to me was the replayability.

Once i finished the whole campaign once, i never felt any need to replay it again.

As a modding platform certainly it was very good for all the various modders that made such brillant mods.

But on the game itself, while i felt it being impressive in its premise (i agree it became less and less interesting levels after levels), in the end the "this is a keeper" value was extremely low for me.

Note about Battlezone2, it is interesting to see that this game from 1999 continue to be patched and improved regularly, not a lot of game continue to have such support 10 years after their releases.

The latest patch was released in April.

Freelancer

Anno 1602, 1503 and now 1404(best one, didn't like 1701 at all)

Gothic 2 + Addon

OFP

Generals

WoW (:P)

IGI 1 (not 2)

G-Police

Jedi Knight Series