Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do i trigger an explosion in the editor?

Quote Originally Posted by Hund View Post
    It is the ammo class names - they haven't been uploaded onto the biki yet, but here are the ones from ArmA1 (who knows, some of them might work):

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Weapons
    Thats the place, hopfully they will update it with an Arma 2 one soon. So far I only have got one or two to work, big ones though. A lot them from Arma 1 just create an explosion with no sound, I haven't checked if they even do damage, it may just be smoke.

To link a trigger to a single unit you use the group mode (not sure what to call it actually) in the editor by pressing F2. Then in the same way as grouping units together you group the trigger to a single unit (you can only link one trigger to one unit). If you open up the trigger again you will notice the 'Activation' drop down box has changed and now contains 'Vehicle', 'Group Leader', Whole Group' and 'Any Group Member'. These are all pretty self-explanatory except that 'Vehicle' means the specific unit you grouped it to, regardless of whether they are in a vehicle or not.

A small trick I use to ensure that the trigger is set up properly and activated when it should be, is I use this line

Code:
    player sidechat "Trigger Activated"
    This will make it so that when the trigger is activated you character says "Trigger Activated" so you know the trigger has definatly been activated.

E.g.

Code:
    bomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle getmarkerPos "explosion"; player sidechat "Trigger Activated"
    So is your character says "Trigger Activated" but nothing happens then you know it's the code you used that is the issue and not the trigger parameters.

This:

Armed Assault Editing Guide - Deluxe Edition
    (most should still apply to Arma 2)

combined with this:

Arma 2 Command Reference

should help a lot with other aspects of editing.

For a grenade sized explosion, this should work:

Code:
    grenade = "grenade" createVehicle getmarkerPos "Markername";
    Last edited by Murphe; Jul 5 2009 at 15:34.

Chief Warrant Officer
    Thanks for the hints

Does anyone know how i could spawn the bomb at a certain altitude above the target? So it could look like an airstrike? Eg radio command, drop bomb, triggers the bomb to be spawned 300m up, message confirms, few seconds later, impact

Quote Originally Posted by Aeviv View Post
    Does anyone know how i could spawn the bomb at a certain altitude above the target? So it could look like an airstrike? Eg radio command, drop bomb, triggers the bomb to be spawned 300m up, message confirms, few seconds later, impact
    To do this you use this:
    Code:
    bomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB"  createVehicle [(getmarkerPos "bombsite1" select 0),( getmarkerPos "bombsite1" select 1), 300];
    However my editing know-how on this subject ends there for the time being. This will cause a LGB to be spawned 300m in the air facing North. The LGB will then being to fall Northward at a very slow speed (you may need to spawn them much higher than this to allow them to get up to speed) and so land North of where the marker that they spawned over is. I don't know how to change the direction or the initial velocity but I know these commands exisit.
    Last edited by Murphe; Jul 6 2009 at 17:14.

I've been starting to experience with the mission builder in the last 12 minutes and i'm trying to build a small training mission for my 57 year old dad

My question is probably a very basic one, but how can one do the same kind of effect with a building. Each of them have an ID.

So, let's say i want to make the building with ID 511 blow-up, can I link that bomb with the building instead of a car ?

Please, excuse the noob Once I get the syntax, I should be able to figure stuff on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Angry_Canadian View Post
    I've been starting to experience with the mission builder in the last 12 minutes and i'm trying to build a small training mission for my 57 year old dad

My question is probably a very basic one, but how can one do the same kind of effect with a building. Each of them have an ID.

So, let's say i want to make the building with ID 511 blow-up, can I link that bomb with the building instead of a car ?

Please, excuse the noob Once I get the syntax, I should be able to figure stuff on my own.

You can still use the above script from Murphe just set the height of the bomb much lower, I set the following code to 3 meters above ground.

Code:
    bomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB"  createVehicle [(getmarkerPos "bombsite1" select 0),( getmarkerPos "bombsite1" select 1), 3];
    recap place the code in the trigger and set up your conditions, name a marker bombsite1 and place over the building you wish destroyed.

Don't be confused with the createVehicle part.
    Last edited by F2k Sel; Jul 10 2009 at 23:46.

Ok. So I set a marker first.

How can you attach a trigger to a building ID then ?

Let's say I want the winning condition to be the succesfull destruction of building ID 511 ?

I'm going through the arma2 commands list but havent found a definition of the object ids yet

just group the trigger to the building by dragging a line from the trigger to the centre of the building while the group item is highlighted. Then open your trigger and it should say in the activation box Static Object.

Now set the other options to "Not Present" and where it says Type choose an End.

Object ID never seems to work for me and may have been removed as an option but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by F2k Sel View Post
    just group the trigger to the building by dragging a line from the trigger to the centre of the building while the group item is highlighted. Then open your trigger and it should say in the activation box Static Object.

Now set the other options to "Not Present" and where it says Type choose an End.

Object ID never seems to work for me and may have been removed as an option but I could be wrong.

Ha, thank you very much for your help. Now it's looking even better ! I'm still stuck on object selection however. When I blow up the cow in the middle of the road the building on the side does not blow up.

I could spawn a bomb in the building, but that makes it look weird since there would be 2 explosion. I would rather set the building damage to 1. Is that possible ?
    Last edited by The_Angry_Canadian; Jul 11 2009 at 00:35.

uh.. i usually do it in this manner:

name the vehicle "car1"

set the trigger and enter in the init:

"car1 setdamage 1"
    this works wonders with fueltrucks

ps: love your vids btw

edit... 100posts YAY
    Last edited by Mc Speedfreak; Jul 11 2009 at 02:47. Reason: edit... 100posts YAY :)
    Dysphoria, Borealis, Gleis19, Goodbye, Springtime? , Erinnerungen , Homeward Bound by Mc Speedfreak / Henry Sanner is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast