Sign in to follow this  
chriso1434

I dont understand

when i try to join a ofp server, they ban me for having a high ping and it says in the game that i have a ping of 367 but when i ran a speed test from speedtest.net they said i only had a ping of 28 i dont get it help i really wanna play online take a look here http://www.speedtest.net/result/509313827.png

Speedtest gives you info about the latency between you and the specific target machine used during that test, but the latency between you and the MP server you are trying to connect to, can be (and most probably is) completely different.

In other words:

You have good latency when comunicating with the remote machine used in Speedtest, not the latency between you and the OFP server.

An example:

When i run Speedtest and choose to run the test against server in Berlin, i get ping about 50ms.

But my ping when communicating with server in Canada varies around 100-250ms.

If you can make it by car from Berlin to Paris in 8 hours, would you think it takes the same amount of time to travel to Oslo?

Obviously not, because these are different routes with different speed limits, different traffic, etc.

Basically the farther away the serve ris the more time it takes for thise signal to reach :]

so your saying i should connect to a server close to me like in singapore or china ( i live in the philippines) because they are the closest and the only ones online

What people are saying is the further you are away from a server, the higher the latency and the higher your ping will be. Not all servers have the high ping block feature turned on. If you use OFPWatch it shows the ping to each sever, you can use this as a guide to tell which servers would work better for you.

... when you are commanding a squad, especially gaming a cti as commander while it is a problem in a person vs person deathmatch (DM) game where a delay of half a second can and often will be deadly.