Sign in to follow this  
triplea007

"Custom Face" Option Missing from Edit Player Menu

nocustomface.jpg

I have the BOXED version of ARMA 2 in English. I preordered it from Play.com and my game's version is 1.02.58134

There is no custom face option in the game.

I've asked my clan mates and they "DO" have that option. Those who got the boxed copy in English, those who got the German version, and even those who downloaded the game from Steam and Sprocket.

I've also looked around a million forums and all I get by "custom face" is a bunch of people asking how to make faces, but nobody seems to be having this "custom face option missing from the menu" problem that I have (I'm using lots of keywords to help other people find this thread if the have that problem).

I just can't believe that "I" got the ONE defective copy of ARMA 2 that did not include the custom face option in the game.

Please help me troubleshoot what could be causing this. There should be a "CUSTOM FACE" option right under "DEFAULT FACE" and before "PETER F."

I've tried creating a new profile and reinstalling the game. I don't know whether this option was there before I applied the updated 1.02 patch because I patched the game before I even ran it the first time.

Thank you for your time.

System Specs:

Intel i7-920

3GB DDR3 RAM

ATI 4870X2 2GB DDR5 (June 2009 Drivers and CCC)

Windows Vista 64-Bit Ultimate (Up to Date)

Got mine from Direct2Drive, no such option on mine either. I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Go to your documents and find your ARMA2/ or your ARMA2/YOURPROFILENAME/ folder and place a face.jpg file in there it should show up now.

Thank you paragraphic,

I already have the face file here ...\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\MyProfileName\face.jpg

... because that's the profile I play with.

However, your comment pointed me in the right direction and I decided to try messing around with the standard profile that the game creates by itself.

So, I deleted it from MY profile and pasted it on the default Arma 2 profile here:

...\Documents\ArmA 2\face.jpg

Then, I loaded up the game and the "CUSTOM FACE" option appeared, but only in the default profile.

So, I exited the game and CUT the face.jpg file from the \Documents\ArmA 2\ folder and put it back inside the \Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\MyProfileName\ folder.

Guess what... it worked.

Conclusion:

In order for the game to display the "CUSTOM FACE" option, one must INITIALLY put the face.jpg file in the standard profile folder even if you don't plan on using that profile. This is what activates the custom face option.

...\Documents\ArmA 2\face.jpg

Then, you can simpy go to your "real" profile and put the face there.

...\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\MyProfileName\

Thank you for your recommendation. It allowed me to try something differently and I finally got it working.

glad it worked out for you, my recommendation was more for Brendon as I was pretty sure he did not even know about the face.jpg file, I wasn't sure if you knew this allready but I had a feeling you did.

Glad it worked, strange it needs that work-around