Sign in to follow this  
comarsky

Modules Official Documentation Links

Could someone stick this please? I think it's very helpful.

here the code allready posted elsewhere to have SOM to be just Artillery (and not give side missionsto the sinched player):

this setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]];

Also at the end of the Artillery module doc there are 2 missions template very usefull, with MLRS but easy to configure in other ways...

Optional parameter can be defined in both, easiest way remaining the init line.

Init.sqf still require a variable name for a module, also it depend if it's a parameter that you can modify on the fly or a parameter that is defined at the module init.

myFirstAidModule setVariable...

In the init line, you can just call it straigh away.

this setVariable...

Would be kind of nice if all the modules were made fully MP compatible.

High command for example...

Umm how did you get the UAV module to work in MP?

It works - but only for me as mission maker hosted on my computer. Even if a mate takes the leader slot where it all is synched - they cant use the UAV.

Not that the UAV is of much use so far. Need lockable camera, more zoom and longer draw distance before it gets to get serious use.

Edited by Alex72

I need HELP!!! I am needing instruction on how to get any type of High Command implemented into ARMA II.

1. Where do I start when creating the script? (Do I need some type of init.sqs?)

2. What type of script do I use?

Please help.. I am just new to scripting...

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

*** I found out about the High Command modules.... learning atm how to use it.... thanks!!***

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Ok... so I am kinda familiar with the High Command modules.

A few questions:

I place a "High Command - Commander" game logic named BIS_HC_0 and then synchronize it with the player (commander)... then I add a "High Command - Subordinate" game logic and link it to the "High Command - Commander" logic and synchronize it to the subordinate unit(s)....

1. Is there anything that I am missing?

2. I am not too clear on the point of "adding group under someones command"??? What does this do?? and where do I put the code - <HCO> hcsetgroup [<group>,""];

Once again thanks for the help!!

I recall one of the devs talking about implementation of range to use with SOM (secondary operations manager) enabling the mission maker to specify the minimum and maximum distance for objectives.

Has this been implemented and if so how does one configure the module?

None of the modules work for me by default, I can't figure out why.

Do they have to all have something in the init section of the module?

For example, can I just place the civilian module and synch it to a unit? Or does it have to have a script in it?

Same with the ACM, as neither of them are doing anything for me

When is BI going to fix the problem of High Commanders not being able to order Marines to mount vehicles?:butbut:

How does the GARBAGE COLLECTRO work?

What is the purpose of it? Something like removing dead bodys? =D

How does the GARBAGE COLLECTRO work?

What is the purpose of it? Something like removing dead bodys? =D

Yes, but apparently it only removes units generated by other modules, like dead animals, civilians or soldiers.. i think.

Its possible that there is more to it but since there is no documentation or anything you are better off using someone elses script, so you can atleast choose the conditions (deletion time/distance).

What about the military symbol (or something like that) module ?

What is it's purpose ?

Also is it possible to have for some group leader (human ) too have all other Allied group shown on map (like when the high command fonction is activated).

Is it possible to make the ACM spawn only specific types of factions? What I'd like it to do is only spawn groups/patrols/anything else from OPFOR Insurgents and INDEPENDENT Guerrillas.

Thanks.

what about the weather and other modules not listed?

how do they work and what do they do exactly?

How do you get the civilian and wildlife modules to work on Sahrani (or any other island other than Utes and Chernarus)?

Is the civilian vehicle module only spawning empty vehicles or will the civilians use them? From my experience they will just stand there.

I am not too clear on the point of "adding group under someones command"??? What does this do?? and where do I put the code - <HCO> hcsetgroup [<group>,""];

I've tried multiple variations of that line and can't get anything from it. Is it even spossible to synch or add a group to the HC module in-game?

Is there word on if BIS is working on making the HC and Arty mods multiplayer compatible?

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

RE: Construction Interface

I am not understanding the BIS page describing it at all. I put some of the example code in my Description.ext and it crashes.

Can we please get some better examples?

The guys over at Ofpec are stating that the Biki has been updated to include information on the modules, especially First Aid module... I have tried to find it but dont see it. Anyon found it yet?

Also there is a new framework for Multiplayer apprently...again cannot find it.

Here is the article: http://www.ofpec.com/intel_depot/index.php?action=read_on&id=404

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.