Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II & OA available from Sprocket, also BAF and PMC DLCs!

74445832.jpg

The eagerly anticipated sandbox PC military shooter smash hit of 2009, ARMA II, is released and available for all who want to visit the post-soviet republic of Chernarus and enjoy the many fantastic features of this monumental war simulator. Do you want to fight eye to eye with enemies on the lush, open battlefield, do you want to take advantage by strafing enemy position in aircraft, do you want to crush enemy lines in a tank? Then download this ultimate military simulator and get a taste of what it takes to be a soldier in a modern warfare conflict!

Now with 5 free postcards and topographic map as exclusive free gifts for each ARMA II order placed before the end of July 2009*.

arma-2_banner-na-sprocket-660x280.jpg

Just to clarify in case anyone is unsure, the Sprocket version of ArmA2 is 1.02 and it contains localisation for both English and Czech (chosen through ingame options).

Edited by Placebo

Sweet thank you Placebo for pointing this out to us, I was hoping to get this game before July 4th... But wow dude... USD 67.65, na I don't think so.

Edited by CrazyAce

Digital Download, but the free stuff is mailed...

Edited by CrazyAce

1. Retail Boxed copy : USD $ 39.99 (no free stuff)

2. Steam Digital Distribution copy: USD $ 49.99 ( no free stuff)

3. Sprocket Digital Distribution copy: USD $56.85 (free 5 printed postcards & map)

Guess which one most people are getting ? :)

Hu I got something different this time after I logged in, the price just fell to USD 56.85... I think I'll wait a little bit longer then. Seeing as how the site can’t make up its mind on what to charge for a DD.

Hu I got something different this time after I logged in, the price just fell to USD 56.85... I think I'll wait a little bit longer then. Seeing as how the site can’t make up its mind on what to charge for a DD.

Waiting until the price drops to $39.99 ? :D

The price shown if you're not logged in seems to include sales tax (add it to your cart and go to check-out and you'll see tax as a line item). Once you're logged in it'll charge that tax if you're in an applicable country, so if you're not then it will be a bit cheaper.

In fact looking at it now, they've made that clear on the product page:

USD 67.65 (USD 56.85 excl. VAT)

does it also have the 3 installation limit before having to cal to try and get more activations?

I swear that Value Added Tax is going to start a new rebellion here…

does it also have the 3 installation limit before having to cal to try and get more activations?

Unlimited activations on the same PC

5 activations on different hardware for 6 months (then you get new 5 activations)

And of course you can always email support if you have any problems, but I think with 5 for varying hardware over 6 months you'd have to be extremely rich to keep upgrading your PC that much ;)

Regarding paying VAT, I believe it's only if you live in the EU that you pay VAT, but you could be in the US and pay with an EU credit card and that would mean you don't need to pay VAT.

Of course the postcards/map would be sent to the non-EU address you register with, so if for example you're a European, visiting a non-EU friend, and you order ArmA2 from Sprocket with your EU credit card, but then suddenly have to return to Europe before your postcards/map arrives, as long as you correctly entered the friend's address he will still receive the postcards/map and can forward them on to you.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

And for those worries about download speed:

sprocketdownload.jpg

Too bad Sprocket is a complete scam in some cases. Customer support for them is very unreliable. Tried talking to a Rep when I had problems with their ArmA download and I got an e-mail a week later with broken English.

Too bad Sprocket is a complete scam in some cases. Customer support for them is very unreliable. Tried talking to a Rep when I had problems with their ArmA download and I got an e-mail a week later with broken English.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense, in the very early stages there were some teething problems but they were quickly resolved and they go out of their way to help people resolve Sprocket issues as quickly as possible (as I do myself and have offered to help in the past with anyone having Sprocket issues).

I know the guy personally who does Sprocket's support and he does an excellent job, and speaks very good English. I'm sorry if you had previous problems with a Sprocket version but calling them a "scam" is extremely unfair and inflammatory.

Why would I buy when the DVD version is just 6 more days away? until then, I'll stay with the Demo.

Online download is full of

Why would I buy when the DVD version is just 6 more days away? until then, I'll stay with the Demo.

Just another options for people to buy and play the game... for those that find downloading stuffs is more convenient and cheaper.

Sure absolutely as it is a matter of choice, but as mentioned the DVD is only a few days away. Now what Sprocket should have done was get the license to distribute the game upon release, then I would see sales go up even further.

only if you want all the money ends by the developer ... btw. these postcards are awesome :)

When I bought ArmA I from Sprocket, they had a Domain name. Is there a reason there new sight is just an IP?

only if you want all the money ends by the developer ...

Oh, so Sprocket is a non-profit organization? :rolleyes:

Can I buy only the completely free postcards & map? :icon_cool: :)

+1 on that, being that i allready have bought 2 copies of this game, i think the wife would have a problem with me buying a 3rd, being that i only have 1 gaming rig to play on... :P

does the sprocket version have securom?

is the online activation softwrap?

brendon: i'm sorry you had such a bad experience with them. i got arma1 from them in december of 2006 and have had very good service.

When I bought ArmA I from Sprocket, they had a Domain name. Is there a reason there new sight is just an IP?

They still have a domain name: http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-honza.tpl&product_id=30&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2

I guess I posted the URL before the paint had dried ;)

Gotcha, and thanks.

On a side note, since CDWOW is forfilling my order as of less than an hour ago, I would like to purchase the map and greeting cards. Do you guys have any plans for this?

Not at present.