Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ARMA II & OA available from Sprocket, also BAF and PMC DLCs!

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #11
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    does it also have the 3 installation limit before having to cal to try and get more activations?
    Unlimited activations on the same PC
    5 activations on different hardware for 6 months (then you get new 5 activations)
    And of course you can always email support if you have any problems, but I think with 5 for varying hardware over 6 months you'd have to be extremely rich to keep upgrading your PC that much

Regarding paying VAT, I believe it's only if you live in the EU that you pay VAT, but you could be in the US and pay with an EU credit card and that would mean you don't need to pay VAT.

Of course the postcards/map would be sent to the non-EU address you register with, so if for example you're a European, visiting a non-EU friend, and you order ArmA2 from Sprocket with your EU credit card, but then suddenly have to return to Europe before your postcards/map arrives, as long as you correctly entered the friend's address he will still receive the postcards/map and can forward them on to you.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

And for those worries about download speed:

Welcome to Associate Producer Matt Lightfoot as new Forum/Community/Moderating lead, he should be contacted for all related matters now, not me!

Too bad Sprocket is a complete scam in some cases. Customer support for them is very unreliable. Tried talking to a Rep when I had problems with their ArmA download and I got an e-mail a week later with broken English.

3.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #13
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
    Too bad Sprocket is a complete scam in some cases. Customer support for them is very unreliable. Tried talking to a Rep when I had problems with their ArmA download and I got an e-mail a week later with broken English.
    I'm sorry but that's nonsense, in the very early stages there were some teething problems but they were quickly resolved and they go out of their way to help people resolve Sprocket issues as quickly as possible (as I do myself and have offered to help in the past with anyone having Sprocket issues).

I know the guy personally who does Sprocket's support and he does an excellent job, and speaks very good English. I'm sorry if you had previous problems with a Sprocket version but calling them a "scam" is extremely unfair and inflammatory.

Why would I buy when the DVD version is just 6 more days away? until then, I'll stay with the Demo.
    Online download is full of

Quote Originally Posted by killerwhale View Post
    Why would I buy when the DVD version is just 6 more days away? until then, I'll stay with the Demo.
    Just another options for people to buy and play the game... for those that find downloading stuffs is more convenient and cheaper.

Sure absolutely as it is a matter of choice, but as mentioned the DVD is only a few days away. Now what Sprocket should have done was get the license to distribute the game upon release, then I would see sales go up even further.

7.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by killerwhale View Post
    only if you want all the money ends by the developer ... btw. these postcards are awesome

When I bought ArmA I from Sprocket, they had a Domain name. Is there a reason there new sight is just an IP?
    Cya in the CrossHairs Kill Zone!

Spoiler:

Staff Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
    only if you want all the money ends by the developer ...
    Oh, so Sprocket is a non-profit organization?

Can I buy only the completely free postcards & map?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast