Sign in to follow this  
Kyle_K_ski

Supply Bloom & HDR options...

I'm playing the demo on a system that is BELOW the MINIMUM specs. That said, it is MOSTLY playable gameplay wise, but that's only if I reduce all of the graphics settings to the absolute minimum.

I am CONFIDENT that if I could be able to disable Bloom and HDR effects, that I could have a game that looks a little better than OFP, but will have superior gameplay, which is what I am most interested in.

I'm currently sitting on the fence between purchasing a copy of the original ArmA (at a greatly reduced price) and ArmA II (and the full "new release" price). If I purchase the first ArmA, I will have a game that looks substantially superior to OFP, but who's gameplay is barely above and/or at OFP's level ("Yes" I know that installing mods will improve it, but the time to hunt down/install them is at a premium for me right now).

I badly want the superior gameplay. That'll earn you more dollars, by the way! :D

I know from consulting numerous threads that I am, by far, not the only one who wishes that he/she could disable the Bloom and HDR effects. Their reasons are mostly different than mine, but I'm pointing out this verifiable fact just to add weight to my request.

So, any chance of this being done, and if so, is it something that will be made testable in the demo? It's important to me that it is something that I can test firsthand before I put my money down, as money is one thing I don't have a whole lot of right now.

Looking forward to your reply.

And thank you for the demo! I'm surprised that it's as playable as it is right now on my system, and I appreciate the flexibility that you've built into it. Now, if it can only be a little more flexible...!

Kyle

:)

Get Arma 2, i suggest you upgrade your computer so you can play.

I played and still play OFP since it came out , same for Arma, im like you i like the gameplay alot and graphics dont have to be great, but I tell you what, if you want great gameplay that also includes immersion, not just running around shooting stuff or enemies, u can do that in any shooter, Arma 2 bakes the cake.

I wasn't to impressed with arma when it came out , but after a bunch opf patches and mods came out i was into it, now Arma2 u cant go wrong.

thats the thing about this community, like minded players that can alter how the gameplays, by sound, by what they play with, ect,.

Arma2 is the 3rd engine that OFP ran on, if your a true fan of OFP then Arma2 which is OFP's real sequal is a must buy!

Seriously man the gameplay is a whole lot better when you feel like your there, dont short change yourself and just want arma 2 with OFP graphics, seriously whats the point of getting it then, a good game like Arma 2 has been very long time in development, and fixes alot of things that OFP couldn't handle engine wise and seriously cannot do give or take a few mods or scripts or such, i think your best bet is to upgrae your computer, the immersiveness and beauty of the islands are by far more appealing for gamplay than OFP.

Think immersion = better gameply, better grphics= more immersion, better sound=better gamplay ect.,

Upgrade!

Thanks for your input. I truly appreciate what you're saying, I do, but the financial assets just aren't there for us to upgrade our 6 year old system. I'm stuck with an AGP graphics card connection; I replaced that a year ago and maxed out our RAM to 4GB 5 months ago. There's not much else that we can, upgrade wise, unless anyone here knows of better options?

Maybe in a few years we'll have the funds to get a whole new system, and by then, who knows? ArmA III may be out.