Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Badlands: Script Bugs. Map Bugs. AI Bugs. (Videos, Pictures & Discriptions Inside)

In The Video: - Sorry in advance for the choppy beginning.

You don't have to read this post, the video does a good job explaining the problem by showing you rather than making you read everything.This post is just a better clarification in order to understand and comprehend what the hell is going on here. For some reason the video is MUCH clearer in the [HD] format because for some reason with my codec, the SD one doesn't look as good as it once did. The first two slides in the video are only a summary of what you see in this thread and are also not required for reading.

Youtube [sD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JSsNVHUeJM

Youtube [720]: For Clear Reading of Game Text

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JSsNVHUeJM&fmt=22

1. When I start the mission. Me and 3 AI Squads move in to Pogorevka. The first town.

--RAZOR Team will not move. Seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4V3ylchTn4 [HD] for clarity.

--It is at this point (I've done this mission once before...for 5 hours) I decide two things:

----A. The AI would NOT take the town

----B. The AI would NOT even take a camp. Nether would me or my AI.

--(These camps seemed to me as if they were stripped directly from the MP version of the game.)

--I tell the squads to begin a cross sweep of the town west to east.

--[X]OBJECTIVE COMPLETE.

2. The LAV begins to roll in, a cutscene begins.

--While the cutscene is proceeding, the AI squads are being killed while they move west.

--I am forced to reload and revert, trying to make sure it doesn't happen again.

--I begin the cutscene a second time. Only after the cutscene, the camera fades in and I am run over.

--I am forced to revert again.

--I revert AGAIN. This time it worked.

--RAZOR Team now MOVES after the cutscene. I tell them to return to formation.

--The LAV has now made it half way to "Point Oranges" (The base location).

--I begin to make it up the hill and fight the AI off to our left on the way to the new base location.

3. The new base. I unlock the new HQ and build the light factory for 400 supply.

--I purchased (I believe) 2 snipers with my $400.

--We positioned ourselves west of Pogovo and I positioned the AI squads S-SW behind the treeline.

--The attack is a success and we won within seconds (yay +1 for superior ambush!)

--I capture Pogovo. A radio message plays congratulating me.

--Squad Member Number 4 is now Frozen. He will fast travel with us, but will not move. Only look around.

--Similar to the beginning of the mission when NO ONE moves.

4. I return to base. And find a white car with two men requesting protection in their village. I accept.

arma22009062813091906j.jpg

--It's at this point I have Machinegunners, Snipers, AT men, Grenadiers Etc. With Razor team I have 9 men.

--We head SW 1700m to their village in Vyshnoye.

--I talk to their people and suddenly we are attacked. My men die suddenly. I revert.

--This time I position my men north of the town in the hills, in bushes and shrubbery, kneeling down.

--I talk to the villagers and then once the convoy comes we open fire.

--With the goal of leaving NONE alive to run away to deactivate the trigger, we killed EVERYONE quickly.

--To be sure, even though we killed everyone quickly, I ordered all 9 men to travel SW down the road 500m.

--While traveling down the road, we discovered an ENEMY HQ! WTF?! This isn't MP BIS.

arma22009062819562035.jpg

arma22009062819564871.jpg

I mark it for later.

----(We had no ordinance).

--We travel back to base.

5. Stary Sobor was an Epic Fail 100x over so I will only explain the successful attempt to kill them.

--After 5 tries I position a BDRM ATGM South of the town, and 7 of my men in the bushes south of the town.

--I begin to destroy all of the 10x vehicles there.

--Once the vehicles are destroyed my men moved in and took the town.

--Somehow more trucks spawned (Because most likely because they controlled the town and "defenses" spawned.

--Men were also coming from the east in Novy Sobor. My men were getting hit from the West, the East..

--Long story short we took everyone out in Stary Sobor.

--Some of the camps have machine gunners that don't go away, we had to manually kill them as well.

6. After taking Novy Sobor, I get a message from our guy.

--During the message (Because I remember from the last time I played), we are given a choice.

--Before we are given this choice, during the conversation I saved the game.

--HOWEVER DOING THIS WILL CRASH YOUR GAME AFTER YOU MAKE THIS CHOICE.

--So I had to revert back before taking the town...

--I listened to the conversation again, and accepted his offer.

7. I decided to try and find this "Sentry" The briefing was talking about. Before proceeding.

arma22009062813164981.jpg

--I took my men (What was left) and went north of Rogovo (Third town). This town is CRAWLING with AI.

--Too many AI I think for us to engage. I even tried an attack with 2 BDRM ATGMs and AI. It failed.

arma22009062820114240.jpg

(The Town of Kabanino)

--We turned around and headed back to begin the assassination mission.

8. I talked to the guy in the backyard of the houses in the forest about the guy we have to assassinate.

--After the discussion, I made my way 600m West to take care of him.

--The first time I played this mission, I brought all of my AI and sniped him from a distance.

--This time I walked up to him, and actually struck a conversation. I killed him after the conversation.

--[X]OBJECTIVE COMPLETE.

--This led to a radio conversation between me and a few other people.

--The last line was something along the lines of "Cmon we've got one more town to take".

----So the game was on the same page I was, or at least I think it was.

9. I take my AI and head north to the last town of Novy Sobor. This town hardly had any AI left.

--Most of them attacked me in Stary Sobor.

--The town was taken over quickly and easily.

--I took the town and the finally.

Then two objectives became complete:

[X]Conquer The Region

[X]Find Evidence

All objectives are now complete and the objective boxes are ALL dark Green.

10. Now the screen fades black.

--It fades in with a few guys sitting on a bench talking, glitching out by blinking while they talk to you.

--Your [X]Conquer The Region objective has now been taken away from you.

--After the discussion with these people, your camera does a little glitch of its own then finally fades out.

11. When it fades back in, you are far across the map.

--Two guys are standing there talking to you.

--One guy is holding a gun that isn't even there! It's invisible!

--Looking at the map, you see a bunch of markers copied and pasted on top of each other.

--You cannot move, even after the conversation. You can give orders, but nothing works.

I read in another thread that we can skip missions. You know... Suma (I believe) said they had to play through the campaign once more before they released the game, I'm beginning to question that. I've spent 13+ hours trying to play through this over the both time's I've played it... BIS you let me down...

I now have skipped the mission and I have no idea what I missed in the story...

Edited by Victor

I had a lot of the same stuff happen to me and it is really beginning to frustrate me.

In order of appearance - the bad issues:

1) Razor Team AI would not move, they finally let up after taking the first time.

2) That Command Vehicle nearly ran me over after the first cut scene ended, I'm surprised that I lived.

3) Stary Sobor was a nightmare. I took control of the town twice only to be expelled again shortly after. My AI get slaughtered time and again.

4) BRDM ATGM are very frail vehicles, I flipped two times, one of them killed me (I guess the airbags didn't work).

I'll concede a couple of good points, however:

1) Fighting for Pogorevka and the 2nd town (think it was Rogova) were both solid fights.

2) The side mission to help the civilians kill some warlord and his cronies I thought was a good idea, there just needs to be a few minutes delay between talking to the civilians and the attack.

A nice in-depth report of the problem.

In my game I actually started to the east of all the towns and had to capture them in reverse.

(I made my way to NAPA in previous mission.)

mostly same problems though, exept I did not recieve assasination mission yet for some unknown reason.

At this point its been about 3 hours since I killed the warlord and I have controlled all 4 of the towns longer than that.

I have just been sending units out in a spiral looking for anything that might fire the script that will let me continue.

Edited by Redfield-77
clarity

If you thought Badlands was bad, you're going to love the next one!

The last two missions are so terrible, I'm at a loss for words really. I think they ran out of time and nobody at all tested them.

I've only just started Badlands after Razor Two and Manhatten running without any show-stopping bugs.

I did have the usual Delaying the Bear Razor Team are stuck in the ruins but I just got in the truck and when it stopped and the driver got out (after a revert when the driver kept driving into a tree until the truck exploded!) I drove it to the finish without mishap.

Imagine my surprise expecting the same at the start of Badlands when Razor Team actually moved and followed me into the first town. Maybe the new patch has fixed some of the annoying bugs which crippled previous versions, or maybe I've just been lucky so far.

P

I’m glad Redfield said he had the mission in reverse order (with point robin I think) as I was starting to wonder if that was why I was having trouble. I also found that cuts scenes seem to merge in to each other meaning that I only got ½ the information from both making them useless.

Thanks for tis exhausting report and sorry for those inconvenient issues. We're trying to reproduce these bugs right now as we've not experienced this situation so far.

* dives back into scripts *

I think I'm gonna have to restart the mission as I haven't seen any of these bugs yet... although, maybe it's due to the fact that I got every squad but my own slaughtered at the start :)

Thanks for tis exhausting report and sorry for those inconvenient issues. We're trying to reproduce these bugs right now as we've not experienced this situation so far.

Hey thanks a bunch man. :) Good luck reproducing them. I hope others don't have to face the same fate down the road.

Edited by Victor

I wanted to bump and update my findings in this mission because I finally finished it.

I restarted the mission from the start. Here is my steps exactly.

1) I took Novy Sobor. (my mission starts from the east of the objectives.)

2) Little John tells me there are men who want to speak to me in the villiage.

3) A cut scene showing Father Fyodor speaking with villiagers and NAPA.

<<This script did not fire on my first playthrough>>

<<If you dont see this cutscene restart mission because it wont progress>>

4) Straight from the cutscene in step 3 it goes into a cutscene of the wounded men near the fence that tell you about Lopatev.

<<This scene did fire first playthrough>>

5) I take Novy Stabor.

6) A car with civilians drives to my HQ. Approach them and recieve the Warlord side mission.

<<Task Added>>

7) I head to Vishnoya to do the Warlord side mission. Immediatly after talking to the man in town the Warlords men attack from the south.

<<In my first playthrough they never attacked I had to move south to their camp to kill them. But I did recieve credit both times.>>

<<Task Complete>>

8) I move back north and talk to the crazy hunter hiding in the woods. I give him my radio frequency and move on.

<< I have no idea what his role is or if it is just there for laughs>>

9) I take the third town.

10) I recive a radio message from an unidentified man telling me to meet him at HQ.

<< I did not recieve this message the first playthrough>>

11) The man at HQ tells me to kill Prizak at his sawmill.

<< Again I never got this mission on first playthrough.>>

<<Task Added>>

12) I go up to his mill and conversation starts with prizak. After he finishes talking I shoot him.

<<Task Complete>>

<<Razor team comments on this choice of action>>

13) I take the last town.

14)Cutscene with CDF and Napa agree to work together.

<<This cutscene did not fire on my first playthrough.>>

15)Mission Ends.

<<Mission did not end first playthrough. I just ran around forever till I gave up.>>

If any of the above cutscenes or scripts do not fire its best to just restart the mission.

Just to second Victor's report.

1. I also had trouble with my squad freezing in position and failing to respond to commands.

2. After completing the primary objective the mission went to the cutscene and then to the debriefing. However, on the score sheet the "conquer the region" objective was unchecked and clicking continue dumped me back to the mission selection screen.

I reloaded the last autosave and the sequence repeated. This time, despite the fact that the primary mission was listed as incomplete, I was able to proceed to the next mission.

I also have problem with the squad. After capturing first town I bought BRDM and AI can't shoot with PKT ammo.

Can someone tell me how in the hell do I open up the HQ or even move the thing once I've captured the first two towns. I got a load of dollars and want to start building stuff, yet my HQ sits in the position it went to after the cut scene after capturing the first village and does nothing. It wont even move when I order it. It's bloody frustrating.

You know what? It seems with each mission in this game it gets more and more problematic with bugs but thankfully its only because the missions are getting so adventurous.

I have to give credit for the scope of what you can do in the game but I honestly think it needed more work with the GUI/map screen interface and more bug testing and fixing.

Badlands is one of the most awesome missions I've played in a war sim game, and it's very frustrating to see it not working for so many, but it seems its pretty easy to "break" at the moment.

I think a pointer based tree system would work SO much better in the map screen, and perhaps even in normal screen mode too, the mouse wheel system is slow at best and throwing a pointer around is so much nicer than trying to roll your finger through several menus.

Wow this game is crazy, I love and hate it at the moment :P

Thanks for your answering.

I experienced about 90% of the problems mentioned in this post.

So I'm asking: how did you test the campaign?

Who performed the quality control?

Great ideas, mission involvement, great AI, but poor quality implementation. I'll wait for the campaign fix.:)

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Badlands is one of the most awesome missions I've played in a war sim game, and it's very frustrating to see it not working for so many, but it seems its pretty easy to "break" at the moment.

To be honest, I captured about 5 towns in Badlands, finding less than 6/7 soldiers in each town and 1 APC.

Well, very easy to fight. I don't know if it depends on the level of difficulty (I was on regular) or a programming issue.

But: suddenly the mission ended, before I completed all tasks....:confused:

Edited by eirulan

BADLANDS : BUG REPORT

During the mission and while I was in "Construction mode" (bird view over Novy Sobor), I saved my game.

When I loaded my save game, I found myself in "Construction mode" with no possibility of coming to normal view (1st person or 3rd person). Mission completely blocked. No order. Nothing of nothing. :confused:

So I had to revert the game to an earlier save game.

Yeah the mission has randomly ended for me because of a "dead team member" (wtf?) And it also auto saved while I was in construction mode too and prevented me from playing. I've run into a ton of bugs in the mission and its annoying but meh.

Yeah the mission has randomly ended for me because of a "dead team member" (wtf?) And it also auto saved while I was in construction mode too and prevented me from playing. I've run into a ton of bugs in the mission and its annoying but meh.

It is no random ending.

The mission always ends when a team member of Razor dies.

I think it is programmed like this. No other option.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

And it also auto saved while I was in construction mode too and prevented me from playing. I've run into a ton of bugs in the mission and its annoying but meh.

You too ! ! The same problem !.

WTF. I had to restart from an earlier savegame.

:icon_mrgreen:

following on from 15 playovers of badlands and many hours of bug filled play, i always end up in the same situation. all four towns got, father killer and waiting forever in vesnoye and the game goes on and on ....

reinstalled the game three times too ...

any ideas anyone ?

I find it hard to believe that you guys aren't finding bugs like this. Everybody I know who has this game has seen these issues. Perhaps not every single one in this thread, but enough to warrant any studio to NOT release the game. I would have rather waited another 6 months for you guys to fix it, instead of paying for a game I can barely play.

I'm not sure if it's because chunks of this game are from the original OFP engine (it certainly seems that way), but there's so many bugs going on that I don't see why the engine wasn't rebuilt from the ground up. I understand time and money are issues, but you can't build a house unless the foundation is solid. However, ArmA's foundation seems to be made out of sand. :(

after hours of playing badland, i'm currently stuck because, for some reason, even though i've captured all towns, somehow right after it it says i have to capture the region again, even though all the 4 towns are blue, no cut scene about that just some radio chat. Anyhow so the capture this region was left unchecked, then more AI spawned and recaptured my last town, then i regained control again, so after recapturing it was still unchecked. So i thought bugger it, i'll go do the assassination mission, after heading towards the objective point, the mission just randomly ended saying that the person was assassinated, when i haven't even got close enough to see him, when i got to the point on the map n looked around, nobody, and im damn sure no AI got to him before i did, so i had no clue what happened but that mission some how was automatically completed. the only thing left is somehow that capture region part of the mission won't finish. =/

after hours of playing badland, i'm currently stuck because, for some reason, even though i've captured all towns, somehow right after it it says i have to capture the region again, even though all the 4 towns are blue, no cut scene about that just some radio chat

I'm exactly in the same case, except that the 4 towns are green :D

I do not know the assassination mission you mentionned (??)

As I can't do anything but driving an lost UAZ or killing my mates to improve my skills :p or whatever else to avoid an annoying spend of time, I get back to the insertion point and I was surprised to meet some civilians... ohhhhh something will happened !? :yay:

A civilian spoke to me but immediatly stop. I had to fire on them to unlock the dialog :rolleyes: Ok, lets go guys, I will help you. I drived to the destination told by the civilians and .... and ... I get sticked again.

:hang:

four towns captured with CDF

NAPA guy knocked off

town defended from bandits

still got the conquer the region mission to complete................

where does this end?

I wanted to bump and update my findings in this mission because I finally finished it.

I restarted the mission from the start. Here is my steps exactly.

1) I took Novy Sobor. (my mission starts from the east of the objectives.)

2) Little John tells me there are men who want to speak to me in the villiage.

3) A cut scene showing Father Fyodor speaking with villiagers and NAPA.

<<This script did not fire on my first playthrough>>

<<If you dont see this cutscene restart mission because it wont progress>>

4) Straight from the cutscene in step 3 it goes into a cutscene of the wounded men near the fence that tell you about Lopatev.

<<This scene did fire first playthrough>>

5) I take Novy Stabor.

6) A car with civilians drives to my HQ. Approach them and recieve the Warlord side mission.

<<Task Added>>

7) I head to Vishnoya to do the Warlord side mission. Immediatly after talking to the man in town the Warlords men attack from the south.

<<In my first playthrough they never attacked I had to move south to their camp to kill them. But I did recieve credit both times.>>

<<Task Complete>>

8) I move back north and talk to the crazy hunter hiding in the woods. I give him my radio frequency and move on.

<< I have no idea what his role is or if it is just there for laughs>>

9) I take the third town.

10) I recive a radio message from an unidentified man telling me to meet him at HQ.

<< I did not recieve this message the first playthrough>>

11) The man at HQ tells me to kill Prizak at his sawmill.

<< Again I never got this mission on first playthrough.>>

<<Task Added>>

12) I go up to his mill and conversation starts with prizak. After he finishes talking I shoot him.

<<Task Complete>>

<<Razor team comments on this choice of action>>

13) I take the last town.

14)Cutscene with CDF and Napa agree to work together.

<<This cutscene did not fire on my first playthrough.>>

15)Mission Ends.

<<Mission did not end first playthrough. I just ran around forever till I gave up.>>

If any of the above cutscenes or scripts do not fire its best to just restart the mission.

It is strange...:j: I didn't get the Father Fyodor cut scene near the beginning and that may be why the rest of the level didn't play out properly nor could it be completed. Was it because I didn't move to the HQ rendezvous point for the scene to trigger? This was my first try and I didn't receive the unidentified man radio message afterwards either. The AI seemed to be acting strange as well.

I restarted, saw Father Fyodor scene and also got the unidentified man radio message. The 'retake region' gets unchecked again but level still finishes, lol :confused:

No need to reproduce these bugs, Just pop round to my house and u can c what every one on these forums is talking about.:rolleyes: