Sign in to follow this  
Garand0

how to use mortars

Hi all , nice to be here

I really need a suggionstion , i cannot use mortars during a created mission , if I use it the aim it is high up to the sky with a really inaccurate shoot . i cannot find how to use maybe an aiming map .

Please help :(

Many tks Riccardo ( Florence - Italy )

Hi all , nice to be here

I really need a suggionstion , i cannot use mortars during a created mission , if I use it the aim it is high up to the sky with a really inaccurate shoot . i cannot find how to use maybe an aiming map .

Please help :(

Many tks Riccardo ( Florence - Italy )

Hello.. :)

In your mission you will need to create an ARTY Mission Module and link it to your mortor. Once created, you should be offered the ability to bring up the artillary map where you can select where on that map you would like your mortor rounds to land. Without that interface, it might be REAL hard to get mortors to work without some sort of forward observer guiding your rounds and even then may be impossible if the rounds are not falling close enough to the observer to re-direct fire.

L8r,

eem

Hi EEM

tks for the prompt reply , I'm quite new on this game , how I can create an ARTY Mission Module ?

many tks again

bR riccardo

If you also want Ai to use mortars in your own created missions script the mortar weapon class & ammo to a search light and the Ai soilder will attack far off targets atleast 1k away with his searchlight;) Just need to figure out how to keep his searchlight off during the night though.

Hi EEM

tks for the prompt reply , I'm quite new on this game , how I can create an ARTY Mission Module ?

many tks again

bR riccardo

here u can find how to and there is a sample on the end of the page where u

can download the Artillery Module u can change it from Artillery to Mortars

thank you all for the good suggestions, BR Riccardo

If you also want Ai to use mortars in your own created missions script the mortar weapon class & ammo to a search light and the Ai soilder will attack far off targets atleast 1k away with his searchlight;) Just need to figure out how to keep his searchlight off during the night though.

So how do you script them so that they think they are searchlights?

The thing is that me and a friend are LAN and done a mission with mortars [Enemies], as we assult a beach, but they just sit there getting killed by everything since they do not shoot.

I have understood that we need to put them away for a long distance but im not sure they will fire anyway if i do that, so how do i solve the problem with using AI mortars that shoots at all USMC that lands on that beach head?

thanks for any help

how to do this?

merci

The Podnos 2B14 and the US M252 81mm mortars have a built-in artillery computer in my experience. You brought it up using the Action Menu when in the gunner's seat. I'm not sure that you have to use the artillery module?

But this only applied when I was personally using the mortar, not sure how to make it work with AI gunners etc.

But this only applied when I was personally using the mortar, not sure how to make it work with AI gunners etc.

that's exactly my question. i know how to use mortars in arrowhead. but i have no clow how to make the ai able to do this. i remember operation flashpoint, there have been user made mortars easy to use for the ai without any scripts. so i am looking forward for further advice.

further questions:

regarding the SSM: is it possible to add air transportation from the spec ops manager?; is it possible to change the type of units, which are brought in via helicopter?

thank you

Hi there try these

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10879

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8421

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10534

There's is also another one by Evil Echo that's really good too. Hope that helps

thank you, the ari/mortar problem is solved :-).

regarding the other questions:

in arma arrowhead, we have the ssm and spec ops manager module.

1. i want to add air transportation (like in the spec ops manager) to ssm. besides that, i want to have another chopper picking me up. is that possible?

2. regarding airstrikes, how to change the attacking plane in ssm?

3. reinforcements via helicopter: the aim is to bring units in, whereever i am on the map.

thanks for your great help.