Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

How Satisfied with Arma2 Are you??

How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?  

1194 members have voted

1. 1. How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?

• Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every
    • Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth
    • Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable
    • Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it
    • Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!
    • Given up will never buy BIS products again.

How satisfied with ArmA2 are you. I know I have been trying for days now to get to a place where I can enjoyable play the game and I can see from the forums there are many like me so I think it would be good for everyone to get a general feel for what everyone else is experiencing, would be good to see how common these problems are. If at all

Edited by mattyh1986

Im getting more irritated with each CTD. Altough i really love the game ... Sigh

Its like going out with an ugly girl, overlook that and underneath shes got a great personality. Arma2 is like that, with a bit of cosmetic surgery she can be hot!!

Its like going out with an ugly girl, overlook that and underneath shes got a great personality. Arma2 is like that, with a bit of cosmetic surgery she can be hot!!

Cosmetic surgery never fixes that much.

Will not this result be really screwed given its in the toubleshooting forum ?

Should this not be in General to get a more realistic coverage.

Actually, it's more like going out with a beautiful girl that doesn't know how to function properly in a relationship and has know idea what she's doing in bed.

It's a really good game. I haven't really had any major problems with it.

MPBR good point, at 01:15 this morning i wasnt thinking :P

Gameplay is great so far, but game runs so poorly outside of open fields with few enemies around, that I barely can make myself play it. Changing the options in settings seems to vary FPS by no more than 3-5 FPS from very high to low settings.

I will wait until they patch up the optimization. If that never happens I wasted $50 and am going to be upset. I was mislead by a demo that didn't show how bad urban areas slowed the game down, and by the game's recommended system requirements being WAY lower than they actually are. I double them and am lucky to get over 30 FPS in low event, barren fields.

I love ArmA2, but unfortunately, I will think twice next time before I buy any product from BIS in the future.

As we now can walk when reloading or moving faster with AT on our backs, i find it somehow mysterious, that you stay still the very moment you throw a grenade. I mean in OFP a far-throw from the running mode was possible, in ArmA2 you stand instantly still. I don't like it and i would like to see instead, the new animation related movement features to be also applied on grenades of any kind. I mean throwing a grenade even from a moving position is part of basic training in the Bundeswehr - don't know if it is practised nowadays in basic training - we did it. Iirc moving with binocs works, but moving with the lasermarker does not.

For 1.02: Also parallax occlusion mapping seems to be gone or minified on some textures, but you still can see shader calculation errors heavily on the remaining strength of that effect. The ground is moving very strange in some specific views, you see it glide in strange directions. You can see artifacts, of coarse trials to bring in some depth and pseudo-heights. There are at least 3 levels of wrong mapping visible on pseudo-stones that are mapped with parallax-occlusion. Provide pictures and a video later...

As told by the title of this post: this was maybe stated already .

Edited by Hoot

Im getting more irritated with each CTD. Altough i really love the game ... Sigh

Turning HT Off should help!

never had a CTD , a freeze or a crash... but from my arma days i remember how frustrating that is.

the one thing that irritates me a little is the fact that i can do what i want with the game settings or the display settings in my control panel, i ALWAYS have between 19 and 36 frames... averaging 23ish... no matter if i set all on max, except terrain detail and view distance of course, (and that looks absolutely stunning) or on minimum (in which case it looks like ARMA)

it is still playable without any problems, mind... i just would like to be able to get some improvement in performance... somehow :)

one definate improvement i noticed is gpu load... we had a ARMA session yesterday and after 30 mins my gpu was @ 86degrees... 7 hrs of ARMA2 and its still @65-70 :)

Edited by Mc Speedfreak

I love ArmA2, but unfortunately, I will think twice next time before I buy any product from BIS in the future.

I fully agree with this statement. Nothing but problems.

I too love the game but am getting frustrated with all the little bugs,as well as this major one im getting now where it crashes to desktop every time i try to load one of my saves :mad:

I hope the version of this the military use doesnt suffer so many bugs!

love the game hate the crashes to desktop that is the only problem i have

omg just lost an hour of play on manhatten cos of the stupid "cannot commit" im begining to think BIS put these errors in just to see how pissed off everyone wud get, there reading this now all laughin their asses off n the boss walks in n says "just seen the polls, there all really pissed off with it" good job lads!

My opinion on ArmA 2 from playing/tweaking with it this weekend.

This release realy pushes the franchise into a new era. The animations, the sounds, the great new campaign (which shows alot cool new tricks) all makes this game a great followup.

Sure there are bugs, performance issues, MP problems. I can understand that people who played only games like cod/bf and other blockbuster FPS are frustrated by the little bugs and 'jerkiness' of some controls, but if u workaround these issues u will be rewarded with one of the best game experiences u can get.

I have played all BI games and I rest assured most problems will be solved asap.

Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every

Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth

Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable

Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it

Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!

Given up will never buy BIS products again.

I will not vote for this poll as it doesn't include voting option that I feel comfortable with.

Such would be:

- Extremely, its the perfect game. Sure, it has some issues but those will be fixed in patches.

The early days of Arma 2's release if u comented on your lack of satisfaction, you were pounced upon by fanboys.

Great poll, cos now it shows the truth about how the game has been recieved. It really is a great game, but its fallen once again into the same trap as arma. That is of being technologically over complicated, and over reliant on an ageing engine.

I think we should all thank Mattyh1986 for starting such a fantastic pol! BIS should take a leaf from his book, no half measures.

I'm pissed because it shows these guys clearly didn't even test the game out on what I would could average rigs. And just for curiosity, what did BIS run their game on during testing and building their product? Scratches head.

Don't you think it's a slap in the face to release this in its current state at or around $50 USD? Hell, they should be giving us a discount for all the hours we put into trying to figure out what we could do to increase performance.

Another thing that pisses me off is this is the reason more and more people switch to consoles. That's why more and more games seem to be shrinking in player base on PC games because of sloppy released games. There is no excuse for this other than poor corporate culture or management decisions at BIS.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

I'm pissed because it shows these guys clearly didn't even test the game out on what I would could average rigs. And just for curiosity, what did BIS run their game on during testing and building their product? Scratches head.

Don't you think it's a slap in the face to release this in its current state at or around $50 USD? Hell, they should be giving us a discount for all the hours we put into trying to figure out what we could do to increase performance.

Another thing that pisses me off is this is the reason more and more people switch to consoles. That's why more and more games seem to be shrinking in player base on PC games because of sloppy released games. There is no excuse for this other than poor corporate culture or management decisions at BIS.

- Windows XP 32bit

- Core2Duo 8400 @3Ghz (not overclocked)

- 3Gb of RAM

- Nvidia 9800GTX+ Graphics

"I'll start this with some facts. The test machines were pretty good spec. I would say slightly above what I would call "average" within my circle of gamers (I checked the DXDiag settings myself).

My own system is pretty similar to the demo PC's but with 8gb of RAM and a EVGA8800GT-KO so I am quite confident that I have a feel for how ArmA2 will run on my own rig. One of the BIS guys did mention that he runs ArmA 2 on his E6400 (2.13GHz) and it runs far smoother than Armed Assault does. And based on what I've seen I don't have any concerns."

More here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5694

Don't you think it's a slap in the face to release this in its current state at or around $50 USD?

Seriously, pc gaming is becoming like a scammer's paradise.

I would like a refund. I cant even get half way through the first level without it crashing of freezing. I'm not a Bohemia Interactive employee and I don't have time to help fix all the serious technical issues in their game, that's their job. I exceed the minimum requirements by a large margin. Please refund my money.

Edited by vpsaline