Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Helicopter CONTROLS

your ticket may be about only the kamov, but this thread is not

Well,the kamov is part of the game and i'm particulary answering the guy who said that he was playing DCS:black shark and is disappointed by it in ArmA.

the OP said he played DCS Black Shark and assumed all helos in ArmA should function that way, I agree the Kamov should, but the other helos are just fine

The kamov website claims the maximum sideways flight speed of the ka-50 is 70km/h.

http://www.kamov.ru/en/production/ka50/

Please use the CWR2 CBT to help us provide a better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Qazdar View Post
    And what about the game ?
    Do some testing and report back with your findings, I suppose.

One source says that Ah-1W seems like it has a maximum sideways flight of 35 knots (65km/h), and another says 55 km/h.

I guess the advantage of the kamov is that it could do it equally on both sides, whereas a helicopter with a tail rotor is limited by engine power on one side more than the other.

And then we get to the questionable nature of internet information when all I can find for the mil mi-28 is that it can fly sideways at 100km/h. Is that to be believed? I would be inclined not to think so.

edit: aviastar claims 70.

edit2: I was able to gain sideways flight in the ka-50 up until 60km/h. I was able to sustain it past 130km/h. At 70km/h, I could put the nose past 45 degrees from centre.

edit3: The flight characteristics of my ah1 are very similar so I would conclude that the flight envelopes for all helicopters in ArmA are very similar in this regard.
    Last edited by Max Power; Mar 3 2012 at 21:31.

I updated your ticket with some information.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I updated your ticket with some information.

Thanks,
    I hope BIS gets us something for arma2

I doubt it... at least nothing major.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast