Page 138 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1537

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

Not sure I've seen a checkbox for Clean Install and I'd definitely would have checked it. I've noticed that when you currently install new Nvidia Driver that it states it's uninstalling old driver -hope thats true and accurate. I've never had one issue with an Nvidia driver before but this situation got outta control quick.

At first I tried simply adding the ControlPanel folder from an older driver which had no effect. I then tried installing some my older drivers in backword sequntial order -everytime I attempted, I would get "Driver Installation Failed" with no further info. Worser still, it had stated it had successfully uninstalled previous driver -which left me in driver-less limbo.

I finally got an ancient driver from Windows Update to work for my 460's but as soon as that was fixed -my Network card driver mystreriously failed and I couldn't fix it via the Mobo utility disk -no internet.

Seems like something went awry in my Registry so I was forced (after a few Reg integrity programs) to wipe the HD clean nd reinstall Windows fresh.

Kinda ironic after a night of drooling over the new AMD 7970 reviews that my Nvidia came back to get me.
    ~The bearly literate pugilist~
    MP: Black Amish
    3 rules to live by:
    Don't smoke in bed
    Stay away from tatoo'ed women
    Stay outta bushes at night

Spoiler:

Hello everyone!

Are there any (ex)owners of GTX 295 Quad-SLI configurations? What is the best behaviour should i expect from Quad-SLI?

With one GTX 295 i'm getting ~70 avg fps in OA benchmark, with two -- ~71 avg fps. Is that normal behaviour? Running AFR2@4GPU mode for arma binary. Is arma that bad at such SLI configurations? Or is it drivers fault? Or maybe arma so much CPU-dependent, that for Quad-SLI it will need some insanely fast CPU?

My CPU is i7 2600k, tests were performed at stock frequency.

New 295.51 Beta driver released

http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/41048

Have not tested yet.
    Core i7 4790K @ 4.7 GHz, HT on
    16 GB G.Skill DDR3-2400
    Asus Strix GTX 970 (OCed)
    Samsung 830 Series 256 GB SSD
    Windows 7 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by MavericK96 View Post
    New 295.51 Beta driver released

http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/41048

Have not tested yet.

Seems stable to me on GTX460M 1,5GB on my ASUS G74 ...
    GPU temperature lower when in overclock around 5 degrees , so i go with it now
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Arma2 FXAA Blog : a2fxaa.blogspot.com / updated to ARMA3 soon

Seems fine to me, as well. No real increase or decrease in performance that I can see.

JFYI, there is a major problem with this driver concerning non accelerated video playback as well as the new version of PhysX they added.

They have issued a new(er) version of the driver without officially announcing it that includes an updated PhysX version but I am not sure whether the video playback problem was addressed or not.

To get the updated driver, just redownload 295.51 from Geforce.com.

The video playback problem is a serious issue as the assosciated memory leak swallows large amounts of memory.
    Lest you forget, Mr. Hunter, we are a ship of war, designed for battle.

You don't just fight battles when everything is hunky-dory.

What'd you think, son? I was just some crazy old coot putting everyone in harm's way as I yell "yee-haw"?

Capt. Frank Ramsey
    USS Alabama (SSBN 731)

Yep, had that issue on my HTPC. It only happens after quite awhile of video playback (depending on how much RAM you have) but after awhile it gets stuttery and you have to reboot to clear the memory. They've already fixed the problem in the next driver build.

Shame they can't just reissue these with a fix tbh.

I'm not sure whether the ones with the new PhysX version also carry a fix for the video problem (havent bothered to test as I only have 295.51 on my main rig at the moment).

Heh, and I was curious what is causing the memory leak on my PC. Good to know now, thanks guys.

Hello, could someone kindly give me advice?

Mouse cursor and anything written during Splash Screen has Horizontal lines running through it.
    Arma 2 (green version) is running fine. No problems.
    Seems only OA doing this. Even if I use a Launcher like Arma 2 Launcher V1.4

Win7-32bit
    GT 440
    NVidea Driver: 285.62

Arma 2 CO
    Latest Patches

When starting Arma 2 alone, it's fine.
    When starting Arma 2 OA, it's real shaky like some sort of Vert Sync situation going on. Goes up and down slightly. I have no idea why.

Monitor:
    1980 X 1080
    60Hz
    Highest (32-bit)

In game:
    AA is "disabled"

NVidia Control Panel:
    Adjust Image: "Let 3D application decide"--Quality
    PhysX: "Auto-Select"
    Occlusion: "Performance"
    AA is "Use 3D application Setting"

I have turned off and on and on and of AA and other settings. Still no solution. Something hellish going on and pissing me off.

Any advice?
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Kommiekat; Feb 16 2012 at 05:14.

Page 138 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast