Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

JFYI, there is a major problem with this driver concerning non accelerated video playback as well as the new version of PhysX they added.

They have issued a new(er) version of the driver without officially announcing it that includes an updated PhysX version but I am not sure whether the video playback problem was addressed or not.

To get the updated driver, just redownload 295.51 from Geforce.com.

The video playback problem is a serious issue as the assosciated memory leak swallows large amounts of memory.

Yep, had that issue on my HTPC. It only happens after quite awhile of video playback (depending on how much RAM you have) but after awhile it gets stuttery and you have to reboot to clear the memory. They've already fixed the problem in the next driver build.

Shame they can't just reissue these with a fix tbh.

I'm not sure whether the ones with the new PhysX version also carry a fix for the video problem (havent bothered to test as I only have 295.51 on my main rig at the moment).

Heh, and I was curious what is causing the memory leak on my PC. Good to know now, thanks guys.

Hello, could someone kindly give me advice?

Mouse cursor and anything written during Splash Screen has Horizontal lines running through it.

Arma 2 (green version) is running fine. No problems.

Seems only OA doing this. Even if I use a Launcher like Arma 2 Launcher V1.4

Win7-32bit

GT 440

NVidea Driver: 285.62

Arma 2 CO

Latest Patches

When starting Arma 2 alone, it's fine.

When starting Arma 2 OA, it's real shaky like some sort of Vert Sync situation going on. Goes up and down slightly. I have no idea why.

Monitor:

1980 X 1080

60Hz

Highest (32-bit)

In game:

AA is "disabled"

NVidia Control Panel:

Adjust Image: "Let 3D application decide"--Quality

PhysX: "Auto-Select"

Occlusion: "Performance"

AA is "Use 3D application Setting"

I have turned off and on and on and of AA and other settings. Still no solution. Something hellish going on and pissing me off.

Any advice?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Kommiekat

I had something slightly similar, but nowhere near as noticable, when forcing Vsync on or having it on ingame. Set it to force off or applciation controlled in control panel and off ingame.

Also try fiddling with max pre-rendered frames I find 8 actually improves performance slightly and could fix the issue.

I had something slightly similar, but nowhere near as noticable, when forcing Vsync on or having it on ingame. Set it to force off or applciation controlled in control panel and off ingame.

Also try fiddling with max pre-rendered frames I find 8 actually improves performance slightly and could fix the issue.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

This damn game is so frustrating. Arma2 came out and didn't work so well. Waited 6 months and bugs were ironed out. Enjoyed the last few years then suddenly, this ridiculousness problem with OA and I've enjoyed OA since it has been out.

This game has so much greatness, at the same time, it has so much crap-ness. Makes me pull my hair out.:butbut:

So I've never had a GPU temperature problem with twin 460's 1gb, and recently have had them overclocked from stock Volt .975 to about 1.0 even. Temps for most games were maxing out around 72-75C but again recently I started feeling alot of hot air near my leg when playing Arma2. Both GPU's are running at max load and the temps are up near 90C with the fans running at 100% :O

Lowering everything to stock settings -I just ran Furmark stress test and both cards are running at 99C with maximum fan and case opened -outside is like 30F. Any idea if somehow the fans are broken or any other method to cool these puppies down? This has got me pretty worried that somehow I broke something :(

Also,I can hear the fans speed up when I boost them to 100%. The tower IS under a hardwood desk and Im wondering if heat is trapped but right now its sitting idle at 32C.

Edited by froggyluv

Hey NVIDIA owners. Just bought myself an MSI NGTX570 Power Edition (I'm running it at 840MHz max temp57degC) and it is LOVELY! I'm able to run Arma2 at 10k VD, with everything on MAX (although I use PP on Low as I don't like the effect). I'm totally over the moon.

However, being VERY picky I have noticed a little Z-fighting at extreme distance (over 5km!) Any ideas what I can set to get rid of these. As I said it is a MINOR issue, but being solved would leave this card FAULTLESS.

It won't spoil my happiness (already at almost max !) I just need some NVIDIA experts to give me info on Z-Fighting at extreme distance.

...info on Z-Fighting at extreme distance.

That's an issue with the "Reality Engine" renderer not the graphics card. There is nothing that can fix it.

Back to my overheating 460 SLI problem -tried everything. One card at a time and they still hit high 80's (Furmark Burn 15 minute); moving each card to bottom slot -sometimes noticed a cable was lightly brushing a fan that maybe was causing it to stop. Tried undervolting (from 0.975 to 0.960) in SLI and case wide open, 2 fans blazing at them in and they still hit 96C and actually crashed from the heat.

Fuck this. XFX 7970 Black incoming. Ill be outta town gettin married next week so I feel justified and when I get back graphic goodieness will be waiting for me. See yall in the AMD thread :p

Sounds like something defective on the cards...either RMA if under warranty, or try re-applying thermal paste.

Then again, the 7970 is supposed to be a pretty good card. A lot of people were having problems with OA and 6950/6970s, but maybe the 7000 series will work better.

I had GTX 280 SLI and now GTX 570 SLI and haven't had any overheating problems with OA.

Yeah its strange. The last time I tried the SLI and Burn test one card was staying in high 70's (acceptable) and the other high 90's. After that, my computer no longer sees the one card ;)

Although I done alot of builds, I've never messed with either water or anything to do with VGA cooling and don't know much. Ill keep the cooler of the two (as other may now be dead or worse - MOBO saddle defective) as a second PHYSX card and hope the 7970 doesn't have too many problems. Funny thing was I've been sitting on the trigger for one of those for a while but was going to wait for Kepler (nothing worthwhile was really challenging my current setup) but now they say they're only coming out with mid-range 580 beater and higher end cards won't be till end of the year.

On a side note - Ive also been reading that the Kepler really kick ass on games written with some sort of Nvidia code in them (???) but without that, they were underwhelming according to speculation.

My settings are as follows:

Visibility: 2000

Texture detail: very high

Video memory: default

Antisotropic filtering: very high

Antialiasing: low

Terrain detail: normal

Objects detail: normal

Shadow detail: very high

HDR quality: normal

Postprocess effects: disabled

Vsync: enabled

Resolution is 1280x1024

My ArmA2OA.cfg file has these settings:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

Resolution_W=1280;

Resolution_H=1024;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1280;

Render_H=1024;

FSAA=1;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=911605760;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=0;

AToC=0;

Any suggestions as to how I can tweak the game? Does anyone use additional start-up parameters such as -winxp or -cpuCount=4? I've noticed when Vsync is turned off, I get a boost of about 10-15FPS. But when I record with Fraps, I still get the same visual 'chug' sometimes.

I'm using the latest 295.73 drivers and I have turned off HT for my CPU.

Right off the bat I can tell you that Very High Textures looks great but is quite expensive. That video card has how much VRAM?

froggyluv, it has 896 mb VRAM. And it's more than enough with 1280x1024 resolution. He is also using low AA, so VRAM is not a problem here.

[Topgun], vSync can kill some fps in SLI-configuration, so yea, better to disable it. You can also turn down HDR, i personally don't see a difference between different HDR levels, except major fps drops on high. You can also try to alter this:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead="1";
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead="1";

Hmm... It seems that if I force setting from Nvidia Control Panel, they have no effect. I am using latest drivers and card is 560 Ti. Is this normal?

Edit. I suppose A2 has some special AA so that Nvidia is not supporting AA change from CP. Right?

Edited by Atkins

Hi i think the 295.73 release has some problems, i've tried to update but i've got some video stuttering (instant fps drops from 60 to 30 fps in not complex scenes with half-second freezing) and crashes on Chernarus map, i've rolled back to previous one and the problems are gone (and i always uninstall them with uninstall / driver sweeper etc), has anyone run into the same problem?

Edited by t0t3m

With 295.73 I get constant crashes in both ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 OA - game crashes, blue screens (dxgmms1.sys) every 1-10 minutes of game play. (The duration wildly changes.) When I set Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration to Single-display performance mode, I get blue screens upon the first in-game 3D scene. (The title screen comes up because I have no island loaded.)

Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit

16 GB RAM (13 GB available)

GeForce GTX 560M, 6GB VRAM (3GB on-card, 3GB shared)

Render frames ahead: 1

V-sync: off

Full-screen resolution: 1920x1080 (native LCD resolution)

Render target: same as resolution (100%)

Which driver are you using?

Edited by xxbbcc

Have stepped back from latest NVIDIA drivers as I was getting really bad Z-fighting.

Previous 285.62 is what I am running now and it is MUCH better.